Chapter 2

I didn't do much when I got home. No one was home as usual. Nobody's ever home. I'm an only child and I live alone with my mum, well it was on and off when she was home. She was always busy with 'work' but that didn't really bother me too much cause when someone has a good job and works hard it means they have a lot of money. In this case that meant they spoil there children, aka me. Especially with me being an only child lets just say I was living the dream. But there's just one thing missing... Love.

I'm sure my mum does love me it's just that she's never really around to show it. I haven't seen her for 3 weeks and she's gone off on a business trip and she won't be back for another week or so, but I never could tell if and when she really was going to come back.

*meep meep* my alarm went off on my phone at 5:30am as usual. I got out of bed, put on my slippers and went to the bathroom where I went to the toilet, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then went downstairs too the kitchen and made myself a coffee and sat and drank it while watching danisnotonfire, amazingphil and ellosteph on YouTube.

It reached 6:00 before I went upstairs got dressed, brushed my hair and put on mascara and got my netball kit ready for the match tonight... That Miss, Belle was refereeing. The thought of that made my tummy flip with nerves and excitement. I packed my school bag, made sure I had my bus pass, grabbed my phone off charge and got my earphones and left the house locking the door and taking the key with me. To see my bus pass me. I missed it.

"Oh shoot. For gods sake." I muttered and started walking my way towards a main road where the busses came more often, seen as though the busses by my house ran every hour so I'd be very, very late if I got on the next bus.

I was almost at the bus stop when a white Land Rover Evoke pulled up next to me and the driver rolled her window down.

"Hey, do you want a lift to school." A woman said in a sweet voice. Then it clicked as I saw her closer, it was Miss. Belle.

"Uh, yes please, if um, you wouldn't mind." I said embarrassed at the blush that was creeping on my cheeks.

"I don't mind one bit. Hop in." She replied and I opened her passenger door, got in, fastened my seatbelt and tried to remove the redness from my face.

'This was the best mistake ever!' I thought to myself.

"So, how come your getting the bus at this time? You'd be extremely late." She asked.

"Uh, I missed my bus." I said embarrassedly.

"Oh, where's your mum or dad?" She said.

"My mum is working away, she has been for 3 weeks and my dad left us when I was younger." I replied.

"So, you've been living alone?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah basically." I said shyly.

"Oh." She replied and we pretty much sat in silence the rest of the journey making occasional eye contact.