5: Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200.

A/N: yo!! this update came way faster than i was expecting. and i forced myself to stop here so it wouldn't be ridiculously long, but dont worry bc that means chapter six will be coming soon.

also note: zero's behavior in the first half may seem weird and not make too much sense, but it will. trust me. and also don't forget how they zoned out when frank started thinking about them...

enjoy! ;)

~

Frank cleaned up the plates from their lunch in silence, avoiding eye contact as he took Zero's and stacked them under his. The motion of him rising to his feet brought them out of their thoughts, having been pretty much zoned out for the rest of the TV show.

They looked at him cautiously, eyes still a little widened, and followed his movements all the way until he disappeared through the kitchen doorway. They stood up to follow.

Frank turned around from the sink and caught Zero hovering in the doorway, nibbling on their nails again. Their head was tilted down slightly, and they looked up at Frank through their bangs, with dark eyes.

Frank felt his breath catch in his throat. He paused for a moment, waiting to see if they would do anything. When they didn't he relaxed slightly. He cleared his throat, then walked forward and stepped past Zero, down the hall, and into his music room.

He needed to clear his mind. Music always helped him do that.

He picked his guitar up off the stand and sat down on the stool he kept near his amps. He ran his fingers over the glossy letters that spelled out "Pansy", then ran his fingers down the neck, ending at the tuning pegs. He plucked each string one at a time, checking the tune.

He could feel Zero's eyes boring into him, but he didn't lift his eyes from the strings. He half expected them to start throwing a tantrum right then and there. Like Zero had already done so many times before when Frank didn't pay attention to them or they didn't get their way. But this time they remained quiet.

The curiosity was killing Frank. He wanted to look up and see what they were doing, but he was still so embarrassed about earlier. What adult gets flustered at a fucking sex scene? Granted his friend was right there next to him, but still. It was dumb. But the thoughts he'd had about Zero... well...

Frank gave in and lifted his head to see what exactly Zero was doing. Bad idea. They stood in the doorway still, like he had guessed, but the way they were looking at him caused another flush of heat to run up his neck.

He couldn't tell if Zero looked more hungry or murderous. They started at him with their most intense look yet, their hazel eyes dark.

Frank swallowed hard, then forced himself to return to his instrument. His cheeks were still burning.

He leaned over to the amp, flipping the on switch and adjusting the bass and treble, and gain knobs to get the sound he was looking for. He strummed a few chords, then grabbed his pick and began working out a song.

As hard as he tried to focus, he kept missing notes and getting the timing wrong.

He could still feel Zero's fucking eyes on him.

Frank turned on the stool so that his back was facing the doorway. He didn't know if it was better or worse now. He didn't have the temptation to look up at them, but not being able to see what they were doing was a little unsettling.

He knew he was ridiculously overreacting. But the more he thought about it as he played, he figured it was just the reality of everything setting in.

Zero was an alien.

An alien crashed their spaceship in his backyard, tore up his house, and ended up sleeping in his bed with him. They were eating his food, wearing his clothes, and had taken over his life in a matter of two- no, three - days.