Chapter 8

Bleached

Chapter 8: Meeting (and Ichigo's plan backfires)

Disclaimer: Yadayadayadayadakuboownsityadayadayadayada

AN: -.-'...I just noticed my title is exactly like another author's...well, too late! Sorry, Bjorn...but anyway! 10 000 hits, eyh! Enjoy!

Zanpakouto speech

§ Kuchiki Mansion §

"Isn't he the most beautiful man, Kiko?"

"Oh, yes. But he is quite young, isn't he? He probably won't marry for a couple of centuries."

"But that doesn't mean he isn't a good catch. Heir Lord of one of the Great Noble Houses, and the most talented to enter the Academy..."

"I hear he'll probably be a seated officer by the time he's out of the Academy. Maybe even a lieutenant."

"He is quite popular at the Academy, though he doesn't have that many freinds, I hear."

"Oh my! But I heard that he and the Kuchiki Heir Lord are close."

"It sure looks so! Aren't you seeing those two walking alongside each other? They look like they were taken out of an artpiece!"

"Do you think...?"

As all the ladies who were talking got a violent nose-bleed, Ichigo and Byakuya rushed out of the ballroom. They were going to meet the interim Kuchiki Lord, Kuchiki Ginrei at his request, or rather, Ichigo was going to meet him. Unfortunately that meant that they had to pass through the ballroom where all the guests were enjoying themselves. Ichigo breathed a sigh of relief when they finally reached their destination, and then blinked in surprise. So this was where Kaien, Kokouto, and Isshin hid out. Without him. Luckily (for the elder Shibas), Ichigo noticed someone else in the room before he could re-unite his foot with Kaien's face. Byakuya cleared his throat.

"Grandfather, this is my friend, Heir Lord Shiba Ichigo, who is also training me. Ichigo, my grandfather, Kuchiki Ginrei, interim Kuchiki Lord." Ichigo bowed slightly.

"It is nice to meet yo-" the orange haired man was cut off in typical Shiba fashion by Kaien and Isshin.

"You're training him?! Why?!" the two yelled simultaniously. Ichigo was rather taken aback, but was saved the trouble of explaining when Byaluya cut in.

"I asked him for help, Kaien-sama. You see, the two of us have unfortunately accumilated a *shudder* fan-following, so when Ichigo used a shunpo almost on par with the hellca- I mean, Shihouin-san to save us from the creatures, I knew that I had the prefect oppurtunity to become stronger." Kaien and Isshin seemed to be surprised, and Kaien looked to shout out another question. Once again, Kaien was saved.

"Oh really now? Tell me, how is my grandson faring, Heir Lord Shiba?" Kuchiki Ginrei asked curiously. The old man had been quiet until now, observing Ichigo. With his long orange hair up in a ponytail, and a beautiful kimono in a light brown colour which brought out his magnificent eyes, the Shiba heir truly was a sight. And that reiatsu! Ginrei had truly been surprised to note that this Shiba actually wasn't on a constant hype, like the rest of the clan, a fact he welcomed. The Kuchiki Clan Head refocused, noting that Ichigo was answering his query.

"Of course he is talented, as proven by him spending only three years at the Academy. But he was stuck when it came to contacting his zanpakotou. I just gave him a shove in the right direction." Hearing his answer, Byakuya smirked, something Ginrei noticed.

"Is it somthing you would like to add, Byakuya?" Ginrei asked, knowing that this could lead to knowing the Shiba heir, who was clearly trying to downplay himself, better. Byakuya coughed, hiding a snort, knowing that Ichigo would be embarrassed if he told everyone present just how good he was. And best friends lived to embarrass each other.