Chapter 19

Bleached

Chapter 19: Year 2005 AD

Disclaimer: No, I don't own Bleach.

AN: Thank you for your love! And we're hittin' 40 000 words! Time-skip is approximately 100 years. And now, let's jump forward, to infinity and beyond!

...Yeah, I'll show myself out. Enjoy!

§ Captains' meeting, 1st of July, Year 2005 AD §

Urahara Kisuke was nervous, and tense. Two words normally not associated with the eccentric scientist. But the occasion was such that it generated a bit of fear into his heart. As soon as Urahara had found out about the impending rebellion of he Quincies, he's placed several devices across the three universes that would monitor and warn in case of immediate danger. One of the alarms had been activated several years ago, when there was an attack on the Kurosaki-Ishida family, the last remaining pure-blooded quincies. Of course he knew the significance of those names, as his photographic memory allowed him to remember almost everything. And that included every single detail of Ichigo-taichou's confession a hundred years ago.

The attack on the family of the "last" quincies had kicked everyone into action. Several high-class shinigami had been dispatched to deal with the hollows that somehow managed to overpower the Quincies. Of course being saved by the shinigami had led the Kurosaki-Ishida family's views to change, and the family had built a hesitant alliance with the Soul Society. Last he'd heard, their newest Heir, Ishida Uryuu was advancing quite nicely in his powers. But what ultimately had been the consequence of the attack was that the Seiretei's increase in war preparations. The Seiretei itself was a fortress, and there were guards stationed everywhere.

The citizens of Rukongai were also taken into consideration, and thanks to Kisuke's genius, would probably be safe in case of war. The plan was simple. As soon as the Quincy struck, the Rukongai would, in it's entirety, be transported to Hueco Mundo. There would of course be less strong shinigami officers accompanying the civilians, as they would only be cannon fodder, no matter how much they had trained. They would also be more useful against the lesser hollows as well. And Vasto Lorde usually kept to themselves, so it was a safe bet. The only shinigami left would be those which had mastered their shikai or bankai. Thankfully, due to the much improved training regime, that encompassed a good 500 hundred shinigami. As there were only 29 Quincy generals, they would be hard-pressed against the shinigami task force without the army, which would be overpowered.

Of course, the possibility of this plan failing was as big as it was of it working. Ichigo had warned them about the fact that many things could change due to his interference in the timeline. The captain turned politician had said that already there were many differences. Firstly there was the matter of the Kurosaki-clan. It seemed like Masaki Kurosaki, who had been Ichigo's mother in the past timeline, was currently single, and had taken the mantle as Clan Head of the Kurosakis. Not that it was an actual title, as there wasn't a clan. Instead, she lived with the Ishidas as the sister of Ryuuken, and apparently worked as a doctor at their family hospital. On the matter of her powers, she seemed to be strongest of the lot, her Blut Vene already known to be the strongest seen in eons.

Which led Kisuke to suspect that Ichigo himself had inherited more Quincy abilities than he was showing. The orange haired man had admitted that he never even released the full extent of his shinigami powers. And he sparred with both Juushiro and Shunsui on a regular basis, with both of them in their bankais. Yet, the man wasn't sure of he could defeat Juuhabach when he attacked. It made Kisuke shiver in fear. The scientist brought himself out of his reverie. This was not the time to sit idly. He cleared his throat, bringing the attention to himself.