7.) Monkey On Drugs

Hey guys! Three hundred reads! Oh my goodness gracious thanks so much!:)
Here we go to chappy number seven.
It gets VERY VERY GOOD.

Chapter Seven: Monkey On Drugs

(POV- River Walker)

I put my hand on Clarity's and gently shake it. She's so dazed and a tear is sliding down her cheek.
I desperately want to take those tears away and I feel a pang in my heart watching her break down.

Who the hell is that guy? I'm so confused and I feel so awkward sitting between them two.
The middle aged man looks at Clarity with a serious look in his eyes and everything clicks in place.

Clarity looks like him. His eyes, his face.

He's her father.

The tension is so thick you could cut in pieces and place it on a platter. I slowly stand up not knowing what to do and I feel Clarity's hand slip free from under mine and she speed walks away disappearing around the corner. Aspyn is on her tail calling her and I stand there with the father of the girl I deeply care about. His presence doesn't feel so welcoming and I'm itching to go find Clarity.

I feel Clarity's mom eyes land on me and they soften watching my puzzled reaction. I look back up at the man and his strong and serious face triggers something in my mind.

Something happened.
That's why Clarity flinches whenever I mention Christmas. That's why she hates Christmas.
He did something.
That man ruined Clarity Evers.

He raises his eyebrow as he studies me and anger builds up inside of me watching his sardonic expression.
I feel the urge to go to Clarity but her father stops me.

"Who are you?" The man asks in a harsh tone and I answer as respectively as I can.

"I'm River. Clarity's... friend." I reply seriously and he presses his lips into a grim line.
Clarity's momawkwardly stands next to the man and I don't feel too comfortable either.

"Are you two dating or something?" He questions and part of me wants to say
why the fuck do you care?

Clarity's mother nudges him and reprimands him.

"Derrick, please don't. He's a nice young man with a great heart." She says as I shake my head

"No sir."

He rolls his eyes and stuffs his hands in his pockets. I want to slap this man so badly but instead I think of Clarity and that calms me down.

"I'll go." I say quickly and jog around the corner to find Aspyn standing helplessly in front of the supply closet door that is apparently locked.

Aspyn sighs when she sees me and grabs my shoulders.

"Oh Jesus Christ you're here! Prince Charming save this girl's fucking day please. She won't listen to me and she is not going to come out."

"Aspyn I can freaking hear you!" I hear Clarity shout from inside and I roll my eyes.

I gently push Aspyn aside and whisper
"Go and stall or something I'll try to talk to her okay?" She looks at me for a long while and nods vigorously.

"Good luck." I hear Clarity spat and I make a face at the door.

"Alright, I'll go kick that bastard's ass." Aspyn growls and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Aspyn take a chill pill I don't want to have to explain to the police that you're in jail because you murdered a man or something... Just act normal."