Three

Maisie

"Wake up darling! Today is very important!" Thalia shouted as she burst into my room, waking me from my restless sleep.
"Dixie should be here any moment to get you ready for the parade." I rolled over, stuffed my face in my pillow, and groaned loudly. I remained in bed until Thalia basically dragged me out of the bed and into the bathroom where my stylist and prep team were waiting. I told them that I would much rather be taken care of in my own room than in the Remake Center that resembled a strange hospital.

I grumpily sat in a chair as Charm and Tenney went to work on my face and hair.
"You darling are not a morning person," Tenney joked with a wink. I grunted in response, earning a laugh from my prep team.
"I just wanted to thank you guys for all that you do for me. You've always been so kind and supportive. I really do consider you to be friends of mine," I said with a smile. Charm began to tear up and excused herself from the room.
"Of all the people I've worked with, you are my favorite," Tenney stated.
"I better be. I'm not taking second place," I joked. Dixie then walked in and smiled at me.
"Are you ready darling?" I looked at Tenney and he nodded.
"I guess so," I stated, standing from the chair and following Dixie into my room. She pulled out the dress and my eyebrows furrowed together.
"I've seen this dress before, but where?" I felt the silk fabric, tilting my head to the side.
"I hope it's alright, but Katerina gave me your mother's design book a while back. This dress is her design," Dixie said bashfully.
I smiled and nodded, remembering the dress design.
"Thank you, it's beautiful." It was a gold silk dress with diamonds, a halter neck, an open back, and a long train. It was a dress I helped my mother design when I was twelve.

Being from District Eight, she was always making me and my siblings dresses, coats, trousers, skirts, etc. All were extremely well made and special. I hadn't noticed I had started crying until Dixie wiped at my eyes.
"Oh sorry. Um thank you." Once I stepped into the dress, I moved over to the mirror. Charm had added the hair extensions again and pulled my raven black hair into a sleek, long ponytail and Tenney had done a soft look for my eyes along with my iconic red lips. I looked powerful and I loved it.
"Alright you're ready to go." I nodded and walked out to the living room in our apartment where Brutus, Thalia, and Lyme were waiting.

Thalia clapped excitedly upon seeing me and I couldn't help but laugh lightly.
"Alright everyone! Time to head down to the Remake Center!" Thalia announced, leading the way onto the elevator. While on our descent, a smile began to form on my lips as I remembered that in only a matter of minutes I would be with Finnick again. I hadn't seen him for a year; it felt like so long ago. We reached the floor of the Remake Center and walked into the area where the chariots were held. There he was. His back was to me, but I could recognize his figure anywhere.

His torso was bare showing off his muscled and tanned body, and besides the knotted skirt that hung around his waist, he was practically naked which wasn't a surprise. Like me, he's a Capital Darling known mostly for his looks, so any chance his stylist has to sexualize him they'll take it. I snickered and began to casually walk behind him and Mags.
"Hey Odair, you might wanna consider putting on actual clothes before you go out there," I teased. He quickly turned around and smiled that famous dimpled smile when he saw me.
"There she is! My Maisie Daisy!" He exclaimed as I ran over to greet him. Finnick quickly picked me up in his strong arms and twirled me around. I squealed and giggled as he did so.
"Alright Odair, put me down before you make me sick." He chuckled and set me back on my feet. His green eyes held a special spark as he looked at me.
"You look amazing," he complimented.
"So do you, Fish Face."
Finnick rolled his eyes in a playful manner. "Ha hilarious. I had forgotten just how sarcastic and partially rude you actually are."
"Thanks," I muttered. He pulled me into his chest, arms wrapped around me tightly, and chin resting atop my head.
"But I've missed it all," he whispered, making me smile. I then turned towards Mags and smiled warmly at her.
"Hi Mags," I greeted as I hugged her. Once I pulled away from our embrace, she put a gentle hand on my cheek and smiled.
"It's nice to see you too. It's unfortunate it's under these circumstances." I turned back to look at Finnick and noticed the black rock necklace he was wearing and smiled.
"Hey you're wearing the necklace I made you," I pointed out, touching the smooth rocks gently.
"Of course! I hardly take it off," he stated.
"So I'm assuming you like it," I teased. We laughed lightly until Finnick turned his head and something caught his eye.
"Come with me," he stated, a smirk on his lips.