House of Worries

House of Worries  

Chapter 2

_____________________

KT's POV

Wow! Anubis House is probably the biggest house out of all the houses by far. Knowing that I will be staying here for the rest of my schooling is pretty creepy to be honest.

I began looking up and down for the new bedroom I was staying in. Side to side, left and right I couldn't find it. But then I found one of the female students.

"Uh, hey could I ask you something."

"Oh hello. KT right? I'm Mara Jaffray." 

She said sticking out her Hand for me to shake.

"Aha, yeah. KT Rush."  

I said shaking back.

"Um, but I was wondering, which bedroom am I staying in? This map Mr. Swat gave me isn't really helpful."

Mara laughed.

"Mr. Sweet actually. You'll be bunking with me and another student Nina. She's already inside. I'll show you."

She motioned me to follow her.

As we were passing the bathroom, I saw two other gels talking. One with dead straight blonde hair and the other with light wave of the colour black. She looked like she was crying.

"Um, Mara? Is she alright. She doesn't look too well."  

I asked pointing at the crying girl.

"Oh, that's Patricia. I don't know what's wrong her to be totally honest with you. But a bit of advice, try not to get on her bad side. She can be a bit gnarly."

I nodded. What could possibly be wrong with a girl who's crying her eyes out?

"And the other girl? The blonde?"

"That's Amber millington. A bit ditzy if you ask me."  

 I laughed. This place was going to be fun.

***

When we entered my new bedroom, we saw a girl sitting on a bed of the left side of the room reading a book. Possibly Nina.

I looked closer at the book she was reading. The Happy Days series?!

"OMG is that The Happy Days book 2?!" I screamed.

She looked up, startled. Then a wide grin popped up on her face.

"You're a Lutin Harther fan?"

"A fan is too simple a word. He's like the most amazing author ever!"

We both began squealing in pure happiness.

"I guess, I'll leave you two to it."

I turned back to see Mara walking out of the bedroom.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mara. I didn't mean to-"

"No no no. It's fine. I've got to find Jerome anyway."

I smiled in confusion.

"Jerome?" I asked turning to Nina.

"Her boyfriend. You'll get used to that around here. But anyways, have you read book 1? It's like amazing."

"Beyond amazing actually!"

Finally, a friend with similar interests. Now, for sure this is going to be amazing.

**********