I. G(RANT) TAYLOR

[ dedicated to admissable ! ]

GRANT TAYLOR

ARDEN WOOD HAS always been different.

From bringing homemade Lebanese food from home instead of bringing Lunchables ( AKA a disgusting excuse for a meal), To being the skinny tall girl who would rather hide in the art room than talk about her non existent boyfriend and "that raging party last night ".

Arden never needed to get high because she got high on life.

It was senior year and Arden was counting the days till she could leave this banal hell hole they call high school and leave for college.

She has already gotten accepted to NYU, all her grades were looking great, and while everyone was stressing she was siting through these few months as if it was a vacation.

Or so she thought.

" and that class is how Keane's true identity was shown to the world." Her art teacher, Mrs.Richardson announced closing the art textbook that she had in her hands.

"Now the final project you have all been thinking about, which is also 50% of your art grade."

The whole class groaned, hearing her announcement. Everyone but Arden, she enjoyed everything about art. From learning the history and lives of many great artists to actually creating art with a pen or a paintbrush.

" However this project is going to be a little bit different from your previous projects" she continued completely unfazed by their reactions.

" instead of doing this project by yourself, you're going to be working with a partner. "

This seemed to please everyone since most of them hated doing projects by themselves. Arden on the other hand hated this idea. She's always better doing things by herself, plus her history with working with other people haven't been so great.

In Kindergarten Arden was paired with pigtail Angela and she "accidentally" cut one of her pigtails when she painted the dinosaur purple instead of green.

And then in 4th grade, Arden was paired with a little Asian girl named Minsu who she made fun of, by calling her name "Minsoup". Arden didn't expect Minsu to chase her around the classroom with a pair of scissors in her hands screaming words in Korean (which she now knows that they were swear words ) which they both ended up getting in trouble for, and had to sit out of recess together. When their teacher admonished the two kids Arden heard Minsu mutter something in Korean, which she later learnt that she said "you weak piece of shit". Both of them had no idea that bonding during their "jail time" would lead them into becoming best friends.

"I'm now going to announce who you're working with for the next two weeks!"

Mrs.Richardson proclaimed picking up her clipboard announcing everyone's partners " Grace Stuart with Jessica Andrews... Jonathan Myers with Danny Boulevard." And Arden continued to ignore her calling name after name, student after student until she heard hers.

"- and last but not least Arden Wood with Grant Taylor "

Arden rolled her eyes so hard it practically rolled off her face. She couldn't believe she was paired with Grant Taylor, the most stereotypical high school boy she has ever met. She wouldn't say he was boring like the pixels from fairy odd parents. More like boring like there's nothing different or unique about him that makes him stand out from the crowd. He is that boy in those teen movies that the girl falls in love with. Grant Taylor is captain of the lacrosse team, he holds the best parties ( some that Arden even went to ), and has the best girlfriend. Everything about him was so.. perfect and normal , and to Arden normal was boring.