{ O N E }

I woke up this morning, it was finally the weekend. I was thinking me and Justin could hang by the pool and have a chill day. I wanted to work on my tan.

I got out of bed and started getting ready and then, I remembered. Justin was gone. Everyday this past week i wake up not remembering he'd left.

No one understands. My parents, family, and even friends all say the same things.

"He isn't gone forever, he just moved."

"Have you heard of the Internet?"

"You have his number call him."

The only person that understand is my other close friend, Paul. He was really close to Justin too. He definitely understands what I am going through, because he is going through the same thing.

The day after Justin left, i hung out at his place because he was the closest thing I had to Justin. We didn't do much, just reminisced really. We laughed a lot when we remembered funny things and he comforted me when i cried.

Today I decided i've visit him again. I needed something to do other then chilling at my house. I got ready had breakfast and walked over since he lived in our neighborhood.

"Why are we so misunderstood?" i asked him, when I had arrived. We were sitting on his couch. "They act as if I didn't spend my entire life with him."

"I know," he said, "I guess they don't realize how special he was to you."

"Obviously, I mean, my parents acted the next day as if nothing had happened." I said.

"Yeah, my parents weren't as close with them, but I've texted him during the week already. He says he really likes it there."

"You texted him?" i asked.

"Yeah, haven't you?"

"No, actually, i've been too busy mourning him." i said honestly.

"You should really talk to him, maybe even call him. He misses you lots, he always tells me." he said.

"Okay, yeah I will, i know this whole long distance friendship thing isn't ideal, but I should at least make an effort to make it work." i said, "Hopefully, I can visit soon though."

"Yeah, we should go together." he said. "In a month or so when school ends."

"Yeah, that'd be great," i said, "Let me know when you go."

We chatted for a bit more and then my mom called me over for lunch.

"So dear, Justin called the house phone while you were gone." she said, "He wants you to call him."

"The house phone?" i asked, "Why didn't he just call my cell phone?"

"Well, they got new phones and apparently lost all the numbers, but he'd remembered that one." she said, "Remember, we taught you both to remember your house numbers and parents numbers, but you couldn't-"

"I couldn't remember mine so he remembered it for me, yeah, i know." i smiled a bit remembering the memory when we were 7.

"Yes, exactly, honey." She said, "I gave him your number now, so he has it, but I told him you were at Paul's, and you would call him later today."

"Okay, yeah i will." i said, biting into my burger.

After lunch, i went up to my room and dialed Justin's cell.

It rang twice and he picked up,

"Delilah!!!!!!!" he yelled into the phone.

"JUSTIIIIIIINNNN THE PEANUT BUTTER TO MY JELLY." i yelled back.

"THE APPLE TO MY PIE" he replied.

"THE SAILOR TO MY BOAT."

it went on like this for a bit...

"Okay, okay, i can't think of anymore.. wait THE PEA TO MY POD." he said.

"Ugh, you took my last one you twerp." i said

"I win haha!!" he said.

"Yeah i guess, whatever I don't care, " i said.

"Of course you do." he said.

"So anyways, becuase i don't care, how are you over there, in a far away land?" i asked.

"It's actually pretty cool, we live in a beach house." he said.

I gasped, "WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT." i yelled. "YOU CEREAL RIGHT NOW CAYLEN."

"YEAH I AM BIRDSHAW." he said, "BUT WE HAVE A POOL TOO."

"ew no Justin don't say my last name." i whined.

"BIRDSHAW BIRDSHAW BIRDSHAW." he yelled.

"That's it i'm hanging up. "i said, I wasn't really but I wanted to hear his reaction.

"NO DELILAH I'M SORRY PLEASE STAY I AM MISSING YOU SO MUCH HERE." he started, "I'm so lonely, I don't have anybody, and it's the end of the school year so everyone knows everyone already. I walked into class Monday and said hi, but no one really talked to me.

"I tripped on my way to 3rd period one day and my papers flew everywhere and no one helped me. I mean, that isn't even the worst of it. The guys are pretty mean, and I usually don't care, but what did i do to deserve that, i just got there. I haven't said anything."

"aw, " i said, "Justin. that's terrible."

"Yeah it is, I miss you Delilah. So much," he said, "And I - i uh. I can't stop thinking about, uh-"

"About..." i said, trying to get him to finish.

"Uh.. never mind." he said. "I think my mom is calling me."

"No she isn't Justin, please don't go." i said, "I want to talk more. Tell me what you were going to say please."

"It's embarrassing." he said.

"Justin, I've seen you get 'pantsed' before in 6th grade, we took baths together when we were little, we shared our deepest secrets all the time, you really can't hide anything from me. I know every embarrassing thing about you." i said, "so tell me NOOWW MISTER CAYLEN."

"Okay fine iwasjustrememberingourkiss okay?" he mumbled.

"You what? I didn't catch that." i said. "Speak slower."

"I was just remembering about our kiss. Okay? That's all. Now goodnight." He said.

"No, Justin wait! That's not embarrassing." i said, "Anything but. I think about it sometimes too."

"I think about it a lot though." he said quickly.

"A lot?" i asked.

"Yeah, I mean. What did that mean?" he said, "Will we ever become more than friends? Are we even ever going to see each other? I mean you really confused me there Delilah." he sounded upset really.

"Uh, excuse me. Are you blaming it on me?" i asked. "You think it's my fault. I didn't ask you to move across the country. I'm hurting too." i said on the verge of tearing up.

"I know it's not your fault i left but you kissing me really confused me."

"I don't know it was a spur of the moment type thing, OKAYY?" i said.

"Okay." he said.

"Alright. Glad we agree." i said angry. "I'll talk to you later bye." i hung up.

(a/n) yay! the first chapter of this new story is up, you guys are definitely going to love this one <3 hehehe

vote, comment, and fan guys! and keep checking for updates on Summer At Justin's.