{ T W O }

School today was boring. We were doing finals and other meaningless exams. What a great way to celebrate the ending of a year, right? Exams.

When I got home I called Justin on the phone. He said, the kids weren't as rude to him, and that he is starting to make new friends. Which is great. Some girl name Tori and a guy named Thomas.

It's been three weeks since he'd left. I feel fine most of the time, looking forward to his phone calls all day. But at school it was tough, he made an effort to text me during the day, but I was too much of a goodie goodie to text him back.

What? I know all the other kids do it, but once Delilah Birdshaw does it, she is caught and her phone is taken away. Nuh-uh am I letting my phone be taken away, AGAIN. Yeah it happened before, when Justin oh so brilliantly suggested the idea of texting in class, Mr. Roberts wasn't so fond of the idea of me texting his least favorite student though.

Luckily, he wasn't too strict on the rule and gave it back at the end of the period. But he warned me, "If you ever, have the nerve to use your gadget in the duration of my class, EVER again. I will take it forever." he said, trying to be threatening.

He wasn't  though, he was short, bald, and he had a bounce to his step.

But I still didn't want to use it, because I knew he would keep his word, even if it didn't seem like it sometimes.

"Well, I'll talk to you the same time tomorrow Birdshaw." Justin said, and hung up before I could yell at him for using my horrid last name.

I set to doing my homework because my teachers insisted on giving it to us even on the last couple weeks of school. I say,homework should be banned two months into school and seven months till the end. But that's just me, apparently.

After a while, I was getting hungry so I whipped up a quick snack. Celery and peanut butter, I thank God everyday for the creation of peanut butter. You can tell the moment you taste it, that it had to have been made by God.

I also turned on my pandora on my phone, homework is boring without music. I put on my imagine dragons station. The music filled my kitchen and I sat on the stool and finished up my homework.

My mom always taught me to start my homework right when I got out from school. That way the material was fresh in my head and it would be done faster. I wouldn't have to worry about it the rest of the night.

My mom was a straight A student back in the day, and she always gave me tips on how to stay on top of my studies. I, too, was a straight A student. I always did my homework, paid attention in class, and studied for tests.

Justin on the other  hand, was a natural genius. He wouldn't do his homework till the minute before it was due, wouldn't study for tests, and wouldn't pay attention in class. Yet he had straight A's as well. 

Yeah, it was frustrating at times, but he would tutor me on stuff I didn't know, because like my mom always said, "One rule to being on top of your studies was to never be ashamed to ask for help."

Justin on the other hand would never ask for help, which is why he sucked at other things. Like reading instructions. He broke one of my Barbie houses because he didn't read the instructions on the elevator.

I killed him for that. I had to push down the elvator when Barbie wanted to use it, instead of just clicking the button. Thanks Justin.

I finally finished my homework and placed it back in my bag. I put away the extra hummus and then my mom came into the house from work.

"Hello Dear, how was your day?" she asked setting down her bag.

"It was tiring." i said, "Lots of tests." i rolled my eyes.

"Oh, how do you think you did?" she asked, coming over and pulling me into a hug.

"Good, i think." I told her, "Those you can't really study for."

"Well, i bet you did great." she said, "Have you done your homework?" she asked.

"Yeah, all finished." i said, smiling, "I think I am going to go for a shower." I put my back pack on my shoulder and started walking up to my room.

"Oh, honey before you go up," she said. I turned back towards her, she was looking thorugh the mail. She pulled out an envelope and held it up, could it be?

"Its a letter from the high school you wanted to go in." she said, holding it up.

I rushed down the stairs and grabbed it from her hands. I looked at it and then looked at her.

"Do you think i got in?" I asked her.

"You have great grades and conduct, I don't see why not." she said. "Open it, dear."

"I'm scared to, you open it." i said, handing it back to her.

"I'm not going to open it, sweetie. It'd yours. Take your time." she said, not taking the envelope.

I slowly walked back to the stairs witht he envelope in my hands. It pretty much decided my fate. Everybody pretty much applied to go to Rivermill high. A great school, they have a pool, a decent uniform, a high rate for college scholarships, and not to mention great parties.

We hear stories all the time of Rivermill parties, everyone dreams of going there. Only the smartest get a chance. Unless you know someone.

Before Justin left, he and I spent hours working on our letters. Picking our favorite teachers for reccomendation letters. We even sent them our report card from kindergarten. Which were all straight A's. 

They pretty much had to choose me. I took a quick shower and slipped on my pajamas. The envelope was sitting on my bed.

I got Justin on the phone, "Do i open it now?" i asked him.

"yeah, what are you waiting for?" he said. "Go open it."

"Okay, i'm just a bit nervous." i said.

"GO." he yelled into the phone.

I grabbed the envelope and held it in both my hands.

"Stop staring at it." he said, as if he was right by my side looking at me. He knew me too well.

"Okay okay." i said.

I carefully peeled open the flap and reached my two fingers inside the envelope. I felt a piece of paper. Weren't acceptance letters suppose to be fat? 

"I can't do it." i said. "It's a sheet. I know i got rejected. They send you a packet when you make it."

"Keep going, you don't know that." he said, urging me to go on.

"I do." i say, "I can sense it. I didn't make it."

"You are so lucky i am not there, I would've opened it a long time ago." he said.

"Good, i'm glad you aren't here then." i said.

"Haha." he said sarcasticly, "Now open it."

"It is open!"

"TAKE IT OUT AND READ IT WOMAN."

"NO, I GOT REJECTED."

"YOU ARE SO STUBBORN. I'M CALLING YOUR MOM."

"FINE I'LL OPEN IT."

I tore open the envelope, not even caring anymore because I knew i would be angry after reading that I was rejected and tear it later.

I pull out the sheet of paper and read the first line. My breath caught in my throat.