chapter one

~one year later~
andy's pov
i picked up my carry on bag off of the floor of the plane. i waited for the people in front of me to start walking off the plane, and when they did, i followed the crowd out into the airport. at first, i just stood at the end of the tube, looking out at the airport. i knew i had to keep going, i knew i had to go out into the airport and meet my ride. but i was almost scared at the thought of it. what if he was there? i would have to see him sooner or later, right? but was i ready right now? i had to be. i started walking through the airport, nervous yet excited about what was to come.
zachary's pov
"ben, do you have any idea who this new girl is?" i asked, turning towards the two other boys standing next to me.
"nope. i already told you that, didn't i?" he responded, and i nodded.
"yes, yes. sorry." i said, looking out at the crowds of people.
"zach, it's been a year. you honestly don't think that it could be her, do you?" josh asked, and i shook my head.
"no, maybe, no, i don't know." i said, and they looked at me, doubtful that i was telling the truth. honestly, i didn't know what i thought. she couldn't be the new girl joining the tour, but i wanted it to be her. i wanted it to be her more than anything. we hadn't met in real life since the first time we met, but we had occasionally interacted through comments on instagram. otherwise, no contact. and i can't help but admit it: i still love her. how that is possible, don't ask me. how it was possible in the first place is beyond me, but i am pretty sure i knew what i felt.
"josh, you are holding the sign right side up, right?" ben asked josh.
"yeah, of course i am ben you don't really think im stupid enough to-oh, wait i am. thanks." josh said, flipping the sign. i rolled my eyes, and looked over at ben and josh. josh held up the sign reading, newsies on tour!!, that we had made in the car on the way to the airport. suddenly, ben's eyes grew wide and he hit josh on the arm with the back of his hand.
"what was that for-oh." josh said, looking forward at what ben was looking at. i quickly turned to look, only to see the one person i both wanted to see and didn't want to see the most.
"andy." i said, staring at the girl walking towards me.
andy's pov
"andy." i heard him say.
"hey zach." i said, giving a weak smile.
we just stood there for a second, staring at each other.  then, all of a sudden, in perfect sync, we ran to each other, embracing each other in a hug.
"you two act like you have known each other all your life and haven't seen each other for a year." josh said, but we ignored him.
"it's you.you're here. i-" he said into my hair, but then stopped himself.
"im here. for another year at least." i told him, pulling out of the hug.
"i can't believe it! you're joining the tour, this is awesome!" zach exclaimed, almost jumping up and down.
"yes, and we have to get her back to the hotel and to dinner in like an hour, so we should probably hurry." josh said, sounding a little annoyed.
"yeah, sure josh. " zach retorted, and as we walked over to the baggage claim, i said,
"hi, im andy, nice to meet you. well, nice to meet you again." i stuck my hand out to ben.
" nice to meet you again! im ben." he laughed, and i shook his hand. i then stuck my hand out to josh.
"nice to meet you. im josh." he said, kind of coldly.
"what's up with him?" i whispered to ben.
"his girlfriend broke up with him yesterday. still in a sour mood. probably jealous of you and zachary." ben whispered back, and i just looked at him.
"jealous? why- you know what, im not even going to ask." i whispered, and ran to the conveyor belt, seeing my bags.
"ok, let's go." i said once i had my bags in hand. once we were outside, i climbed into the front seat of josh's car as the boys loaded my bags into the trunk.
"what? i thought i got shotgun next to my joshie?" ben whined, climbing into the backseat reluctantly.
"im sorry benjie, it's just this once. it's only like a ten minute drive, and then ill hug you for a really long time after we get out of the car. ok?" josh asked, climbing into the car next to me.
"fine." ben replied, crossing his arms.
"ah, the bromance continues." zach sighed, closing the car door behind him.
"it will live forever." josh stated, and we drove away from the airport.
"can we PLEASE play my music?" zachary pleaded.
"no. we can play my broadway cd though.well, it's actually jeff's but still." josh said, sliding a cd into the slot. all of a sudden, own my own started playing through the car.
"oh god. here we go." zachary said, covering his ears. a few seconds later, ben and josh started to sing, or no, belt out the song along with eponine. when the chorus started, i belted along, causing zachary to groan.
"not you too!" he exclaimed, and i just grinned and kept on singing.
when the song was finally over, i heard the familiar beginning note of watch what happens start to play.
"let's hear you sing, andy! this is your song!" josh exclaimed, and i started to sing along with kara on the soundtrack. when i belted the last note of the song, the boys burst into applause, their mouths hanging open.
"holy shit i now know why you got the role." ben breathed out.
"haha, thanks. i can't wait to see you guys perform the show tomorrow. it's actually going to be exactly one year since i last saw the show." i said, blushing.
"woah. that's a coincidence. " zach said,smirking a little.
"we're here!!" josh announced, parking the car in front of a big hotel. we got out of the car and walked into the hotel.
"can we pleaseeeeee take the elevator josh?" ben pleaded.
"fine. but on the way down we are taking the stairs." josh replied, pressing the button to summon the elevator.
"haha. you are funny. you expect me to walk up how many flights of stairs?" i asked.
" our rooms are on level 10." zachary stated, rolling his eyes, "josh insists we get excersise."
"count me out. i will be taking the elevator both ways." i said, and stepped into the elevator that had just opened its doors. once we reached the tenth level, the boys led me down a long hallway to a set of rooms at the end.
"so 168 is your room, which you are sharing with morgan and stephanie, and 169 is ben and i's room. zach's room is right across the hall, 175, and the rest of the boys are in these rooms scattered around. " josh explained, and ben unlocked their door with his key card.
"josh, is that you i hear? are you back with the new girlsie?" stephanie walked out of her room, well, our room, and into the hallway.
" oh my god!! hi! you must be andy! im stephanie!" she exclaimed, holding out her arms for a hug. i gladly accepted the hug, and the boys looked bewildered next to me.
"wait, you knew who the new katherine was?" ben asked.
"of course i knew! why?" she looked confused.
"you should have told us!!" zachary said, looking a little shocked and mad.
"wait why?" stephanie looked utterly confused. ben quickly whispered something in her ear, and her eyes grew wide.
"oh my gosh, im sorry i didn't tell, i didn't know you would want to know! uh... ill just show andy where she can put her bags and where she will be sleeping for the next few days now!" stephanie pulled me into our room and shut the door quickly behind me.
"woah. from what ben just told me, you have a very interesting story to tell, so start talking now." she said, sitting us on one of the beds in the room.