chapter three

andy's pov
"Josh! Get out of our room!!" I heard a voice exclaim as I groggily opened my eyes.
"there is obviously a door here for a reason. our rooms are connected so we can be together!" a voice I recognized to be Josh's said, and I sat up in bed.
"good morning sleepy head! i didn't think you'd ever wake up tbh." Ben, who was sitting at the edge of my bed, said.
"well im up now, thanks to all the yelling. what's going on?" I asked, looking around. The door to the top that was connected to ours was open, and Josh was standing in the doorway.
"Josh decided to come into your room unannounced this morning, and Stephanie is now yelling at him. I just came in here because i wanted to watch." Ben explained.
"Nice. Well, I'm going to get dressed. In the bathroom, because obviously I can't out here. " I said, climbing out of bed and walking to my suitcase. I grabbed my Brandy Melville alien crop top, black high waisted jeggings, my army green jacket, and black chucks. I went into the bathroom and changed, and then decided to curl my hair because why not. I did my 'signature' style, which was half up half down with the part that was up in a bun, and then I curled it to perfection. I put on some mascara and lip stain on, and then walked back out into the room.
"you look nice!" Stephanie said when she saw me.
"thanks! I should start packing my bag now." I said, walking to my suitcase again. Right when I sat down to pack a bag, my phone made a noise, signaling a text. It was from Zachary, who I had given my number to last night.

From: zachary 🐌
hey do you want to go to breakfast in a few? i know a good place down the road and we can eat and make it to rehearsal on time if we go now.

To: zachary 🐌
yeah! ill pack my rehearsal bag rn and meet you in the hall in 5?

From: zachary 🐌
see you then! 💙

I smiled at the text, and put my phone down to start packing my bag. I put in the newsies water bottle I was given yesterday, a long royal blue(my favorite color) skirt (since Katherine dances wearing a long skirt), and some small snacks.
"Stephanie im leaving! see you at rehearsal!" I yelled, not knowing where Stephanie was in the room. I walked out into the hall, to be greeted by a grinning Zach.
"Good morning Andy!" he said, still grinning, " you look nice this morning."
"oh, haha, thanks. shall we go?" I asked, and he held out his arm. I gladly took it, and we walked down the hall to the elevator. When we reached the bottom floor, we walked into the lobby and outside.
"Where are we going?" I asked as he led me down the sidewalk.
"To breakfast." he said.
"are you really not going to tell me where?" I questioned, giving him an annoyed look.
"we are almost there! I promise, it's right around the corner. " he said, leading me farther down the street and then around the corner. We stopped in front of a storefront with a sign that read ,
Miller's Pancake House
I looked at Zach and said,
"Is this where we are eating?" He nodded excitedly.
"Yeah! Do you like it? We don't have to go here if you don't."
"I love pancakes! This sounds great! And I'm starving so..." He grinned, and we walked inside arm in arm.
Once we were showed to a table, we sat across from each other and started looking over the menu.
"ooh, do i want chocolate chip pancakes or strawberry pancakes?" I asked myself.
"get the chocolate chip. the strawberry ones weren't that good." Zach advised, and I nodded and put my menu down. The server brought us a coffee jug, and I poured myself some. Coffee wasn't my favorite thing to drink, but I was already nervous about my first rehearsal. I put cream and sugar in my coffee and made it just how I like it, and then took a big sip. I didn't notice Zachary taking a picture of me until after I put the mug down, so I smiled with my head up and my eyes closed, kind of in a cutesy face. He laughed and put his phone down. We talked until our food came, and I have to admit, my pancakes looked AMAZING. They smelled amazing too, and I was all to eager to try them. Let me tell you, they tasted as amazing as they looked and smelled.

When Zach and I were finished, I checked the time on my phone.
"Zach... we have 10 minutes to get to rehearsal." I said, and we both got up and ran out the door at the same time. Luckily, we had already paid and were not leaving anything behind.