Chapter 1

✔️Fire Chapter 1.

Zayn's POV

Today was the day when Harry, Niall, and I hang out at the skateboard park. We were walking to my house for snacks and talking. I stopped in my tracks when I saw my house on fire, burning. The boys stopped too. Harry took out his phone and called 999 while Niall was hugging. I was too numb to move, my family is in there and I can't do anything. I heard sirens but ignored them. I'm only 10 years old. Why does this have to happen to me? What have I done wrong? Do I deserve this from leaving my family? Should I have died with them? I feel like this is all my fault. I was suddenly pulled back by a fireman which brought me back to reality. I started crying when I noticed I don't have a family to be with. They were all in the house, the house just crash into itself. The firemen can only spray it with water and hope everyone is ok.

"Liam, Louis, calm these boys down and ask them questions. You know the drill." the fireman yelled putting me in the truck with my friends and two boys.

"I'm Liam and that's Louis. Our fathers are firemen and we help them by calming the people down. What are your names." the boy with brown eyes and cury brown hair said.

"M' Zen." I mummble and fall into his arms crying.

He rocked me back and forth until I calmed down.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" he asked softly.

"My family are in that house. All of them and now they're gone. I was with Harry and Niall and we were coming back from the skate park and saw the house on fire." I said.

"It will be okay, everything will turn out fine. What school do you go to?"

"Bradford Elementary. You?"

"Same. You look tired."

"Yeah I am after all that crying."

"Just lay on me and you can sleep til my dad comes back."

I woke up sweating in my bed. I keep having the same dream, well, more like flashback. And I'm in my early twenties, I've been having the same dream since I was ten. They used to be worse but they've gotten better. It's 5:30 on a Monday, I work as a Language Arts teacher in New Jersey aka United States. I moved here along with Niall and Harry mostly to start a new life and leave the past behind. Obviously, it's not working with those dreams.

Ring ring ring

"Ello?" I answer my phone.

"Malik, hurry up. You have to teach kids." Niall yells.

"I'll meet you and Harry at school at 6. Class starts at 7. Bye." I ended the call.

I stood up stretching and went to put on what I normally wear to school. A dress shirt, a tie, and kackies. (a/n ik i spelled that wrong. stop judging me) I grab my book bag and walked out to my car. I go to Starbucks, yeah I know, I'm unlike other teachers. They normally have a brief case and go to Donkin Donuts (yeah im spelling everything wrong rn. ignore the mistakes) When I entered the school, I was immediately greeted by Harry. He works in the cafeteria.

"Hey mate, how ya holding up?" He asked.

"Harry, that was over ten years ago. Give it a rest." I sighed at him.

"Yeah but-"

"But no. I'm over it." I told him sternly.

"Okay, okay." he puts his hands up in self defense. "How are you?"

"M'good. Now go away, I have to get ready for class."

"Pfft, you have plenty of time plus I don't need to do anything in the morning."