Chapter 3

✔️Fire Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

For the past week, it's been normal. I think Harry's sister moved out and I'm pretty sure he is secretly dating Louis. I haven't seen Liam and Louis in a while but here I am, in school, grading papers during lunch. I start to smell something burning from the hallway. As much as I really don't want to, I stand up and walked out of the classroom. Across from me, I see a door closed with locked in students with a fire. I immediately call 911 and pull the fire alarm. While the school is evaluating, I try my best to get the students out. I yell at them to go towards the window. I jammed my shoulder into the door until it popped open. Ignoring the pain and heat, I went in and brought out the students who were already passed out on the floor. I heard sirens coming but suddenly I felt something heavy fall on my back and I'm trapped. I scream in pain and I start seeing black dots. Last thing I can make out is Liam and Louis bursting in the room, looking around for any sign of anyone. Everything went black.

I woke up having a cough attack and I'm in a hospital bed. My right wrist, stomache, and left ankel are bandaged along with my head.

"Oh my god, thank god you're okay!" Harry yells and hugs me.

I can't talk, only stare at him.

"My gosh, you've been in a coma for two weeks." Liam says.

I look at him confused.

"Do you remember what happened?" Niall asks me worriedly.

I shook my head no.

"Basically, you passed out from being in a classroom that was on fire which lead you into being in a coma when a bunch of things fell on you." Louis tells me.

I nod in response then lay back and close my eyes trying to process everything. I don't know what to feel about this. Wait, correction, I don't want to feel anything. I have so much bad luck, maybe I was meant to die in that fire with my family. I've been doing what my family would want me to do, move on in life and be happy. Maybe my family wants to come die so I can be with them. Maybe I was never meant to be alive.

"Zayn?" Liam asks.

"Mm?" I hummed in response.

"What's wrong mate?" Niall asks.

"Nothing, m'just tired," I reply and roll over so I'm not facing them.

"Do you want us to leave the room?" Harry asks.

I nod in reply and Louis whispers "It'll be alright," in my ear.

I just snuggle into my pillow and start to cry. I bet they just pity me, they feel bad. After my parents death, my house burning, passing out, and now being in a coma. Maybe I wasn't meant to be here. It may sound stupid but I feel like someone is trying to kill me to just say I'm not supposed to be alive. There is a knock at the door signalling someone is coming in.

"Hello Mr. Malik. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks.

I lifted my head and stared at him.

"Alright, well, you can check out now if you want," he says and leaves.

I nod in reply and Liam walks in.

"Ya know Zayn, I always find you with fire. Why is that? Are setting things on fire just to see me?" Liam smirks. I surprisingly laughed at that and he pouted. "Oi, don't laugh at me." which made me laugh harder.

"Sorry sorry." I calmed down. "Anyway, I just have bad luck with fire."

"Is that so? A good or bad thing?"

"Depends on how much you want me to be alive." I look at him seriously.

His face softened "Oh I'm sorry Zayn, I didn't know it was such a sensitive topic."

He hugs me as I have tears in my eyes. "S'okay, it's just..." I trail off.

"Just what?"

"..."

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me."

"No it's fine. I need to tell someone this. Harry and Niall just saw the action." I sigh and took a deep breathe. "So basically, when we were younger, Harry, Niall, and I came back from the skate park. And my house was on fire with my family in it. It was scarring. I was pulled back by a firefighter and put in the truck with...." I thought hard and realized something. "IT WAS YOU! AND THE PERSON WHO PULLED ME BACK WAS YOUR FATHER. OHHHH, I'm an idiot."

Liam chuckles "Don't worry, I am too. I didn't realize til you realized too."

"And that makes sense why the boys knew each other well. What happened to your father?"

"He died in a fire. I always looked up to him and wanted to follow in his footsteps. There was a really bad fire in my house, he risked his life to save me. He told me these exact words 'Do what ever you can to save people. Especially the ones you love.' Ever since that day, I made it my life's mission to save as many people as I can. He became my inspiration."

"Aw, that is a great story. I'm sure your father would be proud of you."

"Yeah but I feel like it's my fault he died. Maybe if-"

"No, that was the past. There's no way you could've change it. I'm pretty sure your dad died happily knowing you're safe."

"Yeah that's true. Now let's get you out of here." he ends the conversation and helps me up.

We walked out seeing the boys and they all hugged me.

(had writer's block  ミ●﹏☉ミ a really bad writer's block)

"Zayn, you're alright now right?" Niall asks.

"Yeah I'm good," I smile and hug them back. "Let's go home, I hate hospitals."

"Soo, I heard the school kids have to go to another to get an education. We can either help out and not get paid, or get a temporary job."

"How is this even going to work? I'm pretty sure the school doesn't have enough money. Oh god, we're jobless. How are we going to survive? No job, no money. How did you guys even afford those hospital bills? Are you guys broke? Oh my god, did I make you guys broke? I did didn't I? I ruined your lives, what have I done?" I rushed out. "Why didn't you guys just-"

"Zayn, shut up," Harry covers my mouth with his hand. "We aren't broke. Liam paid your bills. His step father actually is a billionaire so that ties up."

I turn to Liam and hugged him, "Thank you, for saving me."

"It's my job," he replies.

"It's not your job to pay for my bills."

"Maybe it will one day."

"Mmm, maybe it will," I reply with a smirk and took his hand, then tug him away from the hospital.

"Dang Malik, that was smooth," Harry says.

We get into cars and drive home, apparently I'm staying or living with Liam.

I can't do this story anymore, I'm sorry, I have no ideas for it anymore.