Level 1 - Game Start

You did something stupid

Again.

And now

Everything hurts.

You pushed yourself off the ground and glanced weakly skywards, gazing at the hole you had just fell through. The only source of light in this newfound room was emitting from said hole and as your eyes scanned your surroundings, two thoughts entered your mind.

Thought number one:

How in the absolute hell did I survive a fall that long?

You were sure that you would have broken every bone in your body as soon as you made contact with the ground, but the only result of the fall was an ache every time you breathed.

And thought number two:

OH. MY. GOD

I'm gonna die

I'm gonna die

I'm really gonna die

The reason you are going to die? Because your damn curiosity got the better of you.

You had heard about the myths of Mount Ebott. Urban legends, if you will, about monsters that were banished long ago deep underground below the mountain's heart. This legend had circulated your town for centuries and became so popular that many movie directors made films about monsters (Frakenstein and the like). Nobody knew if these stories were true or if monsters actually exist, however suspicions were aroused when several travelers went up to Mount Ebott and never returned.

You honestly don't know what possessed you to make the hike up the mountain in the first place, but now that you've fallen, you really wish you didn't get out of bed this morning.

Reluctantly, you stood up and switched your weight from one foot to the next, weighing your options. Going back the way you came definitely was out of the picture seeing as how it was physically impossible to climb back up the mountain walls barehanded. So the only option left is to go forward and man, did you NOT want to do that. However as much as you regretted it, you walked forward, plunging deeper into the darkness as you moved further away from the patch of flowers you fell on. Your footsteps carried an eerie echo around you as you trudged along and you hugged yourself as a way of bringing self comfort.

Amidst the darkness was a small patch of grass and a light focused conventiently on it. Seeing as how that was the only aspect in the area that was different, you walked towards it and was shocked (well more like scared) when a golden flower suddenly shot up from the ground.

You screamed on reflex, and was surprised when you noticed the facial features on the flower.

That's kinda cool actually.

"Howdy, I'm Flowey. Flowey the flower", it greeted you with a friendly smile.

Holy shit, it talks!

"Uh... Hi? I'm Y/N".

"Nice to meet you! You must be new, huh? Well then, let me teach you the way how things work around here".

You nodded your head, eager to hear any tips. You were still a bit spooked about a talking flower, but it's just a flower right? If anything happens, you can just step on it.

"The monsters around here are really friendly. And sometimes if they like you, they give you friendliness pellets", little white ball-like objects suddenly appeared around Flowey and floated slowly toward you. "Here, try to catch as many as you can!"