Level 2

Holy shit, it's cold.

You hugged yourself as you made your way across the new terrain. There was a convenient pathway leading to God knows where and all around were trees that looked very much dead. You rubbed your bare arms even harder as you tried to pick up the pace. You had no idea where you were heading, but as long as that place had warmth and winter clothes, you were fine with anything.

You looked left and right constantly, trying to see if you could spot anything hiding in the trees. There was nothing there, however, you couldn't shake off the feeling that you were being watched. In the midst of your paranoia, you began walking faster, ignoring the fact that you could see the fog of your breath ahead of you.

And then a twig snapped.

You spun around to catch whoever it was that was following you, but nobody was in sight. Your heartbeat was accelerating rapidly and the feeling of fear was searing into your skin. You stayed frozen in place for a few seconds, trying to collect any coherent thoughts that could aid you in calming yourself down. There was none.

You started running.

Your heavy breathing was creating major fog around you that was a hindrance to your sight, however, you kept going. Suddenly, it felt as if someone was breathing down your neck and you turned abruptly to be greeted by a hooded figure.
You tried to stifle a scream, knowing fully well now that it's just another monster. However, you couldn't stop yourself from stumbling backwards, barely stopping yourself from falling down.

"Is that any way to greet a new pal? C'mon, shake my hand".

What the hell? Shake his hand?

You obeyed his request and slowly stretched out your hand, all the while trying to catch a glimpse of the face under the hood. His voice sounded kind of nice after all; not too deep, not too high, just perfect.

You held his hand and firmly shook it, your tense facial expression slowly shifting into that of confusion as you heard the unmistakable sound of air being pushed out of someone's backside.

A handheld whoopie cushion.

Fucking brilliant.

You started giggling as the sound continued like the immature person you are. And soon those giggles transformed into fits of laughter. All thoughts about the cold around you were forgotten as you held on desperately to your sides. At that point you didn't know what you were laughing more at, the fact that it sounded like someone had farted or the fact that you were so paranoid over nothing.

The figure pulled his hood off to reveal nothing but bones underneath and you tried your best to hide your surprise as he looked at you and smiled.

"It's been a while since I heard someone laugh that hard at one of my jokes", he chuckled, "I'm Sans by the way. Sans the skeleton".

It was at this moment that you realized that you still had his hand clasped in yours.

Well if it's already there...

You shook his hand happily.

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you", you flashed him a smile. "Sorry for running away earlier... I was just a bit tense".

He chuckled.

"It's fine... Hey you're a human, right?"

"Y-Yup!" you exclaimed, rubbing your arms again as the freezing air whipped around you. You looked at Sans, taking in the sight of the jacket wrapped snugly around his body.

Damn, I wish I had a jacket right about now.

"You wanna borrow my jacket?" Sans asked suddenly, as if he could read your mind. "You look pretty chilled to the bone".