Level 3

A/N: hai hai! Quick note, sentences that are italicized like this are your thoughts, unless they are surrounded by "quotation marks".
Also *TRIGGER WARNING* I guess. Idk if it's serious, but just in case.
------

"Two orders of fries, Grillbz", Sans said to the flaming man behind the counter. He had taken you to a bar that he indisputably pronounced the "best place to chill".

You were just happy to be out of the cold winter air and the warmth emitting from Grillbz was making everything so much better. You took off Sans' jacket with a content sigh and handed it back to him. He shook his head and pushed the jacket back to you.

"Keep it. We still have to leave the bar ya know".

You nodded your head and tied the sleeves around your waist. The fire man set two plates of food on the table just as Sans took a ketchup bottle and began drinking from it.

Holy cow.

You averted your eyes, deciding that you weren't going to start questioning Sans' preferences of eatery. Taking a fry, you dipped it in ketchup and popped it in your mouth, chewing contently.
You felt like you were being watched, and turned to face Sans who was staring at you as you ate. You gulped down the food hurriedly.

"What? Is there something on my face?" you rubbed your hands around the corners of your mouth frantically.

"No. It's nothing", Sans said, though it seemed as if he had something on his mind. The atmosphere was slowly turning awkward and you were afraid that Sans was going to end up leaving. You didn't want him to go seeing as how you actually liked his company plus being in a new territory without knowing anybody else is pretty terrifying.

"C-Can I have a tour of Snowdin, please?" you finally uttered. You actually didn't want to leave the warmth of the bar just yet but those words were the only thing you could think of that would break the silence before Sans left.

"Sure, bab- I mean buddy", Sans quickly corrected himself as he hopped from the bar stool. You didn't know what he was going to say before but the nervous shift in his eyes told you that it was probably something embarrassing.
You decided to ignore it and followed him out of the bar.

Hurriedly putting on the jacket, you walked through the snow and entered into the nearest building, a library. Or as the sign above the door spelt, the "Librabry".

The inside of the building was small but cozy, with a few older monsters seated around a table huddled around numerous notebooks. You smiled at the librarian as you walked in with Sans close behind you.

"Well this is the library.. Obviously. You can just look around, I'll be here", Sans gestured at the seat next to a one eyed monster and you nodded in acknowledgement.
Walking towards the various bookshelves, you let your eyes scan the spines of the novels. There were a variety of choices: cooking books, history books, and... Manga? You glanced at the title. Neon Genesis Evangelion.

These monsters sure know their stuff.

You continued to inspect their selections until a particular title caught your attention.

"Human Abilities: Observation One".

Your curiosity was officially piqued. Picking up the novel, you skimmed through the pages, allowing your eyes to look over words such as "determination and "soul power". According to the book, human souls are able to survive after death due to their underlying "Determination" and that, apparently, human souls were stronger than monster souls.

This was all new to you. Of course it would be, you only found out that monsters existed yesterday. It seems that monster scientists were experimenting on magic sources which was something that humans didn't even believe existed. You wondered how many other wonders of the world existed that you weren't aware of.