chapter 10

"They really are a trip." Brantley chuckled showing me the missed calls and text from Cassie and Jake. I grinned as I showed him the count on my phone. "Yes they are. They'll be fine. They know we're safe. It's just killin their nosy asses that they don't know where we are or what's going on. Even with all his jokes Jake didn't expect this." "Serves him right with how hard he road you today. The way he talked I expected you to be an over the top fan girl. It's nice to meet someone who likes my music, but still treats me like a regular human being." I could see the relief in his eyes. Poor guy probably deals with quite a few nut jobs. "Speaking of being human, and normal. You need to feed me. I'm starving over here." B scratched his head. "Well I'm no master chef and were all out of salad here, so you'll have to settle for burgers, fries, and Mac an cheese." I have him a sideways look and gestured to myself. "Do I look like I want a salad?" He frowned at himself when he realized the comment came out all wrong. I knew what he ment, but I had to give him shit. "That came out all wrong and you just asked a very loaded question that I'm going to ignore. So how about I go start fixin some grub and you pick out a movie?" My blank stare was making him start to sweat. But I didn't let him fret for long. "Sounds like a plan to me. Just don't over cook my burger and I'll forget about your salad question." Had to make sure he knew all was well and I understood it was a joke gone bad. That's when I saw the half devilish grin start to creep on his handsome face. "What happens if I do?" I matched his expression catching him off guard and calmly told him I'd tie him down and make him watch info-mercials and or chick flicks the rest of the night. The half disgusted look on his face made me giggle as he headed to the kitchen. If I thought that man was sexy before I definitely think so now. From my seat on the couch I had a perfect view of his ass while he cooked. It made picking a movie difficult since I couldn't focus on the TV screen. Worst part was, he busted me. "Kinda hard to pick a movie if you're burning a hole in my backside instead of looking at the TV darlin." His voice was dripping with a playful arrogance and it was cute a hell. But how did he know? That's when I saw my reflection in the window just to off to the side of the stove above the sink. To top it off he realized I figured it out and winked at me!