chapter 24

It was no surprise Brantley and Kolby's mama was as sweet as everyone says. I'm still trying to figure out how Kolby can be such a jack ass with such a sweet mother like Ms Becky. But what I do know is I only want to deal with Kolby in small doses or if Ms B is around. Because let me tell ya, he's not as big of an ass hat when she's around. She won't allow it! I just hope Brantley lays down the law before he heads to Nashville Monday morning. Kolby is use to having full run of the place when B is gone and I already feel odd at the thought of being here without Brantley. So having kolby and a bunch of potential strangers in and out makes it that much worse. "Earth Danni..." Brantley's voice made my head snap up from the computer screen where I was supposed to be job hunting. Thinking must have shut my ears off because I never heard him come up stairs or even see him walk past me to get in the shower. Now here he stands at the side of the bed in a towel. How the hell did I miss that? Man I need to get my shit together. " I'm no computer wiz kid, but umm, I think you need an internet connection before that will do you much good beautiful." I felt like such a dumbass when I looked at the screen. The wifi was down and I had been so deep in thought I hadent noticed. Sitting next to me on the bed Brantley slid the laptop onto his night stand then pulled me to his side. " Ok, spill it. I'm no mind reader be you've clearly got something on your mind." I huffed and half laughed. " Quite a bit actually. This job hunt sucks because both local hospitals want local references, which I don't have. And the on that doesn't is a 45 minute drive from here according to google which means it's probably over and hour with traffic! Plus I'm kinda freaking out about you leaving Monday and dealing with Kolby's antics while you're gone." B just gave me this look as if to say that's all. But he never said a word until whoever he called answered. "Hey Mike, let the credit know I'll be bring Danni with me for the week. Alright thanks man. Appreciate it." I started to speak but he held his hand up to quiet me. "one more call." I leaned into his side and listened. "Hey Angel, sorry to call so late. Are you still on good standing with Ms. Johnson at the hospital? Ok, you think if Danni filled out the online application you could make a few calls for her? You're the best mama. Good night. Love you too." My jaw was slack when he hung up. "In less than 10 minutes you solved both my problems that I've been up here fretting about for the last 2+ hours..." "I don't know if I should be impressed, feel pathetic, or be greatful." A dark grin creeped over his face. "Oh I can think of some way you could thank me." That's when he kissed me. Obviously he's kissed me but it's not been like this. This wasn't the curious sweet first kiss. No not this. This was full of intention. Full of desire and it gave me the impression I was in for a long night of little to no sleep.