The Elevator Encounter

"Hey guys, Sam here! So if you follow my second channel, you would know that I recently moved to England with my close friend, Chloe. To celebrate the move, I am doing a moving themed QnA. So I asked you guys on Twitter to ask me some questions! Let's get right into it!" I take a deep breath and start to read the questions. "The first question is from bubbles2516 and they ask: where did you move to? I moved to a nice apartment building in London."

When I finish, I turn off my camera and look for Chloe, my roommate, to see if she went shopping yet.

"Hey Chloe! Did you go to the store yet?" I yell.

"No I've been assembling stuff." She replies.

"Ok I'll go shopping!"

"Thanks."

I walk out of the apartment and double checked to see if the door was locked.I head to the elevator. I press the down button and wait. The doors open and I walk in.

"What floor?" I hear a man with an articulate accent ask.

"Ground level please." I say. I recognize his voice from somewhere. His name is on the tip of my tongue, so I decided to look up from my phone.

"Dan?" I ask.

"Sam?" He asks in disbelief.

"It's been a while. Howells life?" I ask with a smile.

"You and that joke. I was hoping you would forget that." He laughs.

"Never. Now answer the question." I joke.

"Nothing new, really. The internet is still convinced that I am in love with Phil and I still have existential crisis'." He replies simply.

"Sounds about right." I agree.

"Anything new with you?" He asks.

"You have no idea. Picked up an American accent, went through the stressful process of moving." I sighed.

"I get you on that one." He laughs.

"So where are you off to?" I ask, trying to avoid an awkward silence.

"I have to get a new memory card for my camera." He groans.

"Ugh. That is such a struggle." I complain.

"There are too many variables." He complains.

"All I have to do is buy some food." I boast.

"Lucky. That's so-" Dan says before he was cut off by a sudden stop.

Dans P.O.V

"Hey Phil, I'm heading out to get a new memory card for my camera." I say to Phil, my roommate.

"Ok. See ya in a bit." He says while scrolling through tumblr.

I walk out the door and get on the lift. The doors open sooner than usual, and a girl with ginger hair walks in.

"What floor?" I ask, making a mental effort not to mumble.

"Ground level please." She says. She's looking down at her phone. No, it can't be her.

"Dan?" she asks.

"Sam?" I ask in disbelief. I thought it was going to be a few more years until I see her.

"It's been a while. Howells life?" She asks with a smile. That same dumb joke, I hate it but I missed it.

We go on to chat for a little bit until I am rudely interrupted by the lift stopping. It is really hard to have a rational convesation when you are trapped in a lift with a girl who has cleithrophobia. Sam steps back into the corner and starts hyperventilating. She goes from looking likethe healthiest person alive, to the most ill person I know. Not knowing what to do, I sit down next to her and wrap my arms around her.

"Shhhh. You're fine. You're safe. I won't let anything hurt you." I whisper, as she clings onto me.

We sit there for what feels like an eternity. The tighter I hug her, the more tense she gets. I reassure her that my arms are escapeable and she starts to relax. By the time they get the elevator moving again, she felt better and safe.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry if that was too awkward." She blushes.

"It's fine. Just be glad it was me and not some stranger." I laugh.

"That's true. I'll see ya around." She says as we exit the lift.

I head over to the camera shop. Thankfully it isn't too far from my flat. I grab the memory card and hea over to checkout. As I wait in line to pay for my memory card, I pull out my phone. I decide to tweet about Sam. 'I just ran into @RealSamLester today. I missed her these past few years.'

Sam's P.O.V

"I am back and I got food." I declare.

"Get anything else besides that?" Chloe teases.

"Drinks?" I guess.

"Well, yes but no." She continues.

"Cash?" I ask again.

"No. Are you kidding me? You are so oblivious!" She exclaims.

"To what? Man, I am oblivious." I laugh.

"You picked up a boyfriend." She teases.

"You mean Dan? He's not, and probably never will be, my boyfriend." I laugh.

"Sure." She says sarcastically.

"Three words. Good friends. Phil." I say honestly.

"Whatever you say. I'm gonna make some tea. Want any?" She says quickly.

"Yeah. I'm think I'm going to work on some videos in advance." I say as I look at my watch.

"Why don't you have Dan over to record with you." She teases.

"That would make me sound clingy. I literally just reunited with him" I say walking into my room and shutting the door.

I turn on my camera and prepare my surroundings. I make my bed, set up my chair, check my lighting, and start recording.

"Hey guys, Sam here! Today I am going to tell you guys a story. So a while back I went on the elevator, sorry I should start calling it a lift now, and you guys know about my cleithrophobia so you can probably guess what happened next. So I got on the lift and someone was in there. Ok not a big deal right? Wrong. Halfway down the lift stops and I freak out, completely embarrassing myself in front of the other person in there. Luckily the person was a good friend of mine, so it wasn't too embarrassing. I swear if the person in the lift says anything relevant in the comments, I will find you. Leave your embarrassing elevator moments in the comments below and I will see you guys later!" I say to the camera.

I take the memory card out of my camera and edit the video from this morning and the video for next week.

"Here's your tea!" Chloe cheers.

"Thanks." I say.

A/N: in case you are wondering, this is NOT a collab with space_turtle7 that is a different story coming soon. also, Do things right the first time, because editing takes a lot of time. Not even joking.