Pj's Proposal

It's been a week since the girls night. Today is Pj's big day. We've spent the entire week the entire thing. He want this to be perfect. Everybody is in their place and Chris is on his way to get Sophie. He's proabaly there by now.

Chris' PoV

I just arrived at Sophies place. She has no idea what is about to go down.

"Hey, you ready to get started?" I ask. I told her that we are on a clue based adventure, but instead shes hunting for Peej.

"Yeah, you got the first clue, right?" She checks.

"I do. The first clue is: a place of peace with a breath of fresh air. The timing is unimaginable, seeing as you met him here." I recite.

"Fresh air... him... the park?" She guesses.

"Let's go look there," I cheer as I skip back to my car.

We quickly reach the park and spot Phil and Yuki sitting on the very bench where they met.

"Looks like you were right." I said as I walk over the bench.

"Good job Soph. Here is your next clue." Phil chimes in.

"Read it!" Yuki squeals.

"Okay, it says: I see you've met Phil and Yuki. Aren't they so cute together? Anyway, the next place has a different atmosphere. It's a nervous place where you dress up so nicely. Let's hope the wait isn't as long as last time." Sophie reads.

"Man, I wish I got this place." Phil hints.

"We all know how that would end." Yuki laughs.

"We went to a cute little diner for our first date. It took them ages to prepare our food." Sophie laughed.

"Ok, well off you go," Phil says as he gives Yuki a peck on the cheeks, just to hint the meaning to Soph.

We drive off to the diner, the place I have been dreading the most. I try to take as long as possible to get there, within reason of course. As I pull into the parking lot, we're greeted by the lovely sight of Sam. Oh, Dan was there too. Around Sam's waist was Dan's arm, a sight that physically hurt.

"Chris, what's going on?" Sophies asks.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I smirk.

"Sophie, I haven't seen you in forever," Sam exaggerates.

"I know! We need to hang out more," Sophie exclaims.

"Last clue, I'll see you there," Sam smiles as she hands Sophie the final clue. Sam turns to Dan and gives him a sweet little kiss that feels like there is a knife in my gut. Of course she likes him, she deserves someone like him, someone better than me.

"Chris, we're off to the other park, the one will all the flowers," Sophie says as she grips the single rose petal.

We hop back into the car and straight to the park, taking the fastest route possible. Sam is probably already there with Dan, doing whatever they'd like. Ouch. That physically hurts.

I get out of the car with Sophie and lead her to Pj. He grabs Sophie by the hands and begins to tell a story of a little boy who comes across a princess. He then tells the story of his relationship with her and when he gets to the proposal he gets down on one knee.

"The boy then asked the beautiful princess," Pj says as he gets out the ring "Will you marry me?"

"And the princess gladly agrees, knowing this is what true love feels like." Sophie cries.

After everything chills out with the happy couple who just got engauged, I say my congrats an find a bench far away from everybody else. I admire Sam from here, knowing that she'll never notice me. I should probably stop staring at her before she notices it. I look down at my phone and admire my lock screen. It's a picture of me with Sam after she danced with me at my birthday party. I should have told her right there right then, maybe then she would have been mine. I admit, I like her. She's just so perfect.

"Hey. Mind if I sit with you?" Somebody asks. I look up and see Sam.

"No, not at all." I sigh.

Sam's PoV

I look around for Chris. I just saw him a minute ago, how far did he go? He seemed upset earlier. I look around and find him on a bench far away from everyone else.

"Hey. Mind if I sit with you?" I ask.

"No, not at all." He sighs.

"You seem upset, is everything alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He lies.

"Chris, I'm serious. What's on your mind?" I pry.

"I told you, nothing." He scoffs.

"I know you better than that. Something is bothering you, and as your friend, I have to make things better."I state.

"Do you remember how we met?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course. We were on the set for Good Morning Sunshine. I had the role of 'girlfriend' of the main character, which was you." I say with a small smile.

"The truth is, I wish that was real. I know it won't happen but part of me still has hope." He says, breaking eye contact.

"Chris, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," I aplogise.

"And now you hate me and I made everything awkward and I ruined our friendship, like everything else I touch." He says as tears gather in his eyes.

"That's not true. I don't hate you, it's not awkward, you've touched the lives of thousands of people, making them smile on thier darkest days. You always find a way to make me smile!" I say as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"R-Really?" He says as a tear slides down his cheek.

"Yes, really. Here," I say as I give him a small kiss on the cheek.

"If something, anything, happens, just remember that I am always here. I want to see you happy." He begs.

"Of course." I smile.

A/N: An early update? What? I couldn't help it, it too was cute. Poor Chris :( I feel so bad for doing that to him. Anyway, I hope you liked it :) Please comment anything you want. I recently got a comment just complimenting my story and it made me so happy I wrote two chapters in two days.They always make my day. I should be updating mid week next week sometime too. Thanks for reading. Until next time, ttfn.

-Maggie C.