Section 3

Adam twitched awake, and his eyes flew open as he sat up. He was almost hoping that what had happened was just a dream, but he wasn't quite that naive. He glanced around fearfully, relieved that the human was no where in sight. Although his heart skipped a beat as he realized he had been moved, from the floor of that room with the sweet stuff to a new room. He noticed an odd-looking nest that had a strange long strip of clothes' material over them, which puzzled him. What was it supposed to be? He summoned his wings and painfully fluttered over to it, landing unstably. At least he could still glide, even if it was for a few seconds. He cautiously sat down and pawed at the strange stuff, surprised at how soft it was. 'Wait, is this what the humans sleep on? It's comfortable!' He tried laying down on it, which he found rather cozy.

Then he heard someone clear their throat, and he started with a yelp while turning around to see the human standing at the entryway. Panicking, he tried to jump up to the window, but it was just too high. He was frantic as the human started walking over to him, and he shrank back with a whimper, pressing against the wall and squeezing his eyes shut in fear. He jumped a little with a plaintive squeak when he felt a warm and soft touch, that wasn't threatening at all... even when it worked its way to his wings-

'My wings!' He snapped his eyes opened and realized the human had his hands over him, and was adjusting his wing. He stayed still, terrified and trembling with his chest heaving up and down with panicked gaspy breaths as the human looked down and met his nervous stare.

His nostrils twitched in apprehension as he noticed something; the human possessed no hostility. His fear slowly faded into slight curiosity as he twitched one wing, staring wide-eyed at the human even as he moved to sit back on his haunches, a respectful distance away from Adam, and on the floor. He blinked before twisting around to look at his wings, fearful of what the human could possibly have done. But he was met with a surprise.

His wing was fixed.

Marveled, Adam shivered as he glanced wildly back at the human, who was watching him with a calm expression. He took a deep shaky breath and calmed down a bit, letting his wings relax behind him as he broke away from his tense posture. Then his nose itched, and he let out a "Chyu!~" as a sneeze, sounding like a baby bunny. He was surprised to see the human laugh a little, and he hesitantly gave a slight and sheepish grin, sniffling and hugging his jacket.

"Are you cold?" He blinked owlishly at the human, shivering and nodding. "Hey... Come here," he said softly. Adam hesitated, then wandered over to the human, being obedient seeing that he had fixed his wing. He let out a small meep of surprise when the human lifted a hand and gently scooped him up, and he found himself being cradled like a young-wing, or when the junior fairies were younger. He tensed when the human sat back and held him to his chest, then relaxed at the comforting warmth. He sneezed again, fumbling with his jacket before he found himself gripping the young male's shirt, and he looked up at the larger creature with round childish eyes.

He made a small noise when the human suddenly hugged him, and he shivered in the embrace. It was much different than he was used to. Come to think of it, no one had ever hugged him before. It felt... It felt good. He relaxed with a deep quiet sigh, snuggling against the human. He felt the larger creature take a deep breath, which surprised the small fairy. Were humans not as bad as the elders had said? Sure, the human was almost as tall as the some of the trees back in the clearing, but he hadn't hurt him or tried to eat him. In fact, he had helped him...

Unless that was what the human wanted him to think.

His heart started racing, and he found himself trying to squirm out of the human's embrace.

"Whoa, whoa hey, calm down," the human murmured, looking a little startled. Adam whimpered, staring up at him.

"P-pl-please don't-please don't eat me!" he squeaked. He felt a wave of relief hit him when the human's expression went to surprised and horrified.