road trip ✨

/play song above, swipe right/

Cara and I had been best friends since our junior year of high school. We made a promise to each other that when we graduated, we would go on the best road trip of our lives. And so, that's what we've been doing for these past 8 days. Driving around Europe, going nowhere and everywhere and just enjoying our freedom. Of course it hasn't been as picture perfect as we had imagined it. We couldn't just go far away for no reason without at least some planning. We brought along enough cash that we assumed would last us a good week and a half. We've been in and out of hotels, random clubs with strangers and the local restaurants and despite some expected inconveniences, letting lose and getting lost was what we needed.

We got out of the cab after a crazy night of sneaking into a club and we were a drunken mess. We paid the driver and walked into the hotel. The man at the desk stopped us.

"Hello madams, I'm going to need to see your ID's please."

"Since when do we need to show our ID's to get in?" Cara asked the man while giggling and holding on to my arm so she didn't trip on herself.

"This is a 4.5 star hotel, we won't just let random hooker looking hoes enter our hotel in the middle of the night." The guy looked tired and looked as if he didn't care about what he was saying at this point.

Cara's mouth was wide open with shock at his attitude and so I said "You'd think that in a fancy place like this they'd at least have good workers." She flipped her hair and walked out, I ran after her.

"Cara wait! Where are we supposed to go?!" She didn't stop to talk to me, she just kept walking so I caught up with her.

"I don't know! Anywhere but there that's for sure. Is your phone charged? I forgot mine."She stopped to ask at me.

"Yeah I have it, it's in my bag. Wait no, fuck. It's dead!" I said with despair.

"Well you know what?", she started smiling, "We could turn this into a positive thing. Lets go on an ADVENTUREE!" She said in the voice of an announcer.
"I mean fine, we got nothing to lose. Besides getting kidnapped and murdered but hey,-"

"Oh come on now! Lets look for somewhere we can sleep. Like a park maybe, I don't fucking know." She said while walking straight ahead.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I think I saw one in the cab on our way here. I think it was somewhere that way." I pointed to the left.

"Okay. But if we get even more lost I blame you." She walked next to me.

"Hey what happened to our 'ADVENTUURE'" I imitated her from earlier.

"Right! Exactly, lets goo!" She ran giggling like a child on the side walk and I had to grab her to slow her down.

"Hey, wait after me!"

About 20 minutes later, we were about to give up hope until we saw a huge slide and some swings. I'm actually really glad we couldn't sleep in that hotel because the park was perfect. There were huge grass mountains, there were three picnic tables and trees and bushes everywhere. It was huge. But I looked at a sign that said 'Closed from 10pm to 10am' and Cara looked at what I was looking at and gave me an 'I don't care' look before sitting down above a grass hill.

"Wanna roll down?" She said and so we got in position and raced to the bottom laughing like crazy while being covered in grass.

"I won!" I said, "No I did!" she said and we agreed it was a tie.

"You know, this place looks like a good spot to sleep. I'm actually getting a bit tired." Cara said before yawning. We both sat on the grass with her arm over my shoulder and we were looking at the sky.

"You know, I think tomorrow's gonna be our last day here." I said while looking at the ground. I really didn't wanna go home, to college and back to responsibility. This was the most freedom I've ever had in my entire 18 years of living.

"Wait seriously? How come? We registered to stay a few more days in that hotel?" She looked at me upset.

"Yeah I know but I just don't think we have enough money for the trip back. We need money for gas and food and for whatever we're going to be doing tomorrow... We seriously spent so much more than we thought we would at that club." I said ashamed but still smiling at it.

She laughed. "I know right! I thought the guys would buy us drinks, I guess I didn't dress revealing enough."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and we both laughed. Oh gosh I love her. I rest my head on her shoulder and she pat her hand on my head before leaning against me as well. We looked at the stars and sat quietly for a while.

"You know I'm really gonna miss all of this." I broke the silence. "I'm gonna miss high school even though I swore everyday that I hated the fuck out of it."

I took my head of her shoulder and she said, "Yeah...me too." She looked at me then back at the stars with a look of uneasiness. She isn't the type to talk a lot about her feelings. I usually have to force them out of her because she's so damn mysterious. But I kind of like that about her as well. It's refreshing to not have an overdramatic friend who just brings up their problems and cries all the time.

"I'm gonna miss high school as well... I'm gonna miss being irresponsible and blaming it on the fact that I'm young." She broke into a smile.
"But I'm also gonna miss all the little things, you know? Like the times we'd ditch school because we were running in gym class, I'll miss our teachers who were annoying but always had our best interest in mind. I'll miss our friends and... I'm really gonna fucking miss you (Y/N)." She turned her attention away from the sky to look at me with tears in her eyes and I couldn't help but do the same.

I held her and said, "I know me too. I wish we went to the same college but noo, we have to be so many miles away from each other." She looked at me and wiped a tear away from my eye.
"You know we don't have to say goodbye forever, right?" She said in attempt to make me feel better. "Every big break time we could see each other and in the summer do something crazy like this!"
"I mean yeah," I said, "Of course that sounds like a good plan but what if one day we just sort of stop talking. Those endings are the worst because you can just feel the other person drifting away from you and there's nothing you can do about it. But I mean hey, most of my friendships ended that way..." I looked at the ground.
"Yeah but it doesn't have to be that way with us!" She lifted my chin up and gently said, "Look at me. I promise you we'll be friends forever. If this friendship's meant to last, it'll last." She said which made me smile. I hugged her so tight after she said that which was uncomfortable because we were still sitting so I sort of ended up climbing on her which left us laughing with me on top of her. I rolled off her and we both laid down and looked at the stars which sort of brought as back to reality. About 5 minutes of silence passed.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you." Cara started singing Yellow by Coldplay.
"Are you serious?" I asked her.
"And everything you do. Yeah, they were all yellow." She sang but was too tired to continue.
"I came along, I wrote a song for you. And all the things you do, and it was called "Yellow"" I sang to her surprise. She turned to me and cracked a smile.
We both sang the rest, "Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones. Turn into something beautiful.
Do you know,
You know I love you so, -

You know I love you so."

We cuddled up to each other on the ground, we both yawned and fell asleep.

--

- 30/12/2015

this was fucking magical.

please vote and you can give me requests if you want! :)