Chapter Fifty-Six

"Go the bloody hell away."

Harry rolled over at the mumbled curse. The knocking came again and he reached blindly for his glasses. As the world came in a bit clearer he sat up. Then was immediately pulled back down.

"Draco, someone is at the door."

The blond hair on the pillow was all he could see of Draco's head. "I just ordered them away," came the muffled reply. "Go back to sleep."

The pounding on the door got a bit louder. Harry smiled.

"I don't think they heard you, my liege."

The face appeared and there was a definite gleam in those eyes. "Hmm, my liege. I think I like that better than master."

Harry glared and punched Draco in the arm. Then his eyes widened. "We argued last night."

"Yes, I was there. Wonderful recap. I liked the beginning and end bits best," Draco drawled. Harry ignored him.

"I just hit you!"

Draco narrowed one eye. "Yes, again. And thankfully it was this shoulder and not the one with the chunk of flesh missing."

"Draco," Harry was interrupted by another knock. "Hold the bloody knocking!" he yelled at the offending portal. Draco smirked.

"Nice, Potter. Royal commands suit you." Harry stared back at the smug man and glared.

"I'm pretty annoyed with you right now. What the hell is going on?"

Draco shrugged. "How should I know? I wasn't the one knocking so why you should be annoyed with me is beyond my comprehension."

"Draco," Harry said firmly. "How was I able to argue with you, get mad at you, yell at you, and now, just hit you?"

Sliding out of bed, Draco began pulling his pants and trousers on, which had somehow ended up on the floor. Harry filed that bit of untidiness on the blonde's part away for future tormenting. But then he refocused when he realized Draco hadn't answered.

"Draco?"

"Yeah yeah, I heard you. But it appears we have rude and inconsiderate company and they better be quick because I am in desperate need of a shower," he grumbled as he made his way to the door. Harry threw the covers off of him and slid in front of the door just as Draco got to it.

"Sod the visitors! I want you to answer my question. See! Look! I just went against what you wanted. How come I can do that?" Harry asked as he stood his ground. Draco sighed, looked up at the ceiling and then stared down into Harry's eyes.

"Move out of the way, Potter," Draco said calmly. Harry gasped and immediately averted his eyes. How could he challenge a Supero? He slid away from the door.

"Yes, Draco. I'm sorry, Draco," he whispered as he began to kneel to beg forgiveness. Strong hands stopped him and made him look back into silver eyes.

"That's why," Draco said. Harry blinked and then he flushed in anger. Another knock was heard. Both ignored it.

"You can control it!" Harry accused. Draco crossed his arms and looked completely unrepentant.

"Yes. In so far as I can turn off the dominant thing with a bit of work." He raised an eyebrow. "Did you think you were just out-thinking me and mollifying me with your excuses for why you needed to go against me all the time? Not likely, Potter. You cannot out-Slytherin a Slytherin. But I congratulate you on your cunning," he drawled.

"You can turn it off? You mean it's on all the time," Harry questioned.

"It's a natural thing, but with Severus's help I've gotten quite good at keeping it off without even thinking about it."