Chapter Thirteen

Alice hasn't been on her father's boat in over five years. 'It's not a damn boat! It's a yacht.' Her father always had to make that clear to everyone who came around it. The yacht was actually very nice, now that she observed it with more mature eyes. 40 feet long, three above decks with a nice egg white finish. Her family, when she was younger, would take weekend trips out on the water and enjoy the sun. Coming back to it now, she understands the facade of how happy their family was growing up.

She walks down the left of the boat and opens the side door allowing her onto the main deck. Moving up to the bow of the ship, Alice quickly sees signs that her brother is already on board. Some boat supplies that she remembered they always had to bring with them to the boat, but could not keep it there when they were done with their journeys, lie scattered around the open front area.

"SI! Are you here?" She shouts turning slightly and looking up to the captain's deck.

"I thought I told you years ago never to call me that." Osiris replies popping his head up past the windshield of the steering wheel above.

"Yea, well look how well I listen. Do you have the money?"

"Jesus christ woman, always with the damn money. Yes I got your precious money. Just wait till we are in open water. I'm gonna start the engine and start driving out, do me a favor and get all the bumpers on the sides in."

Alice groaned. She hated always having that job. It wouldn't be so bad, if the boat wasn't that big. She walks all along the edges of the main deck and yanks the rubber cylinders in as Osiris drives them away from the dock.

After all the bumpers are in, Alice walks up the flight of stairs to the top deck where Osiris carefully pitches the yacht to follow the river current downstream. "Dad would kill me if I get a scratch on his baby."

"I'm surprised he even allowed you to take it out today. He was always protective of this thing."

"Yea well, he allowed me too once I said you and I were wanting to spend time together."

Alice growled softly, "why did you tell him we were meeting up? Now i'm gonna get called by him asking if you hurt his boat and how I need to come visit more. Why the hell are we even on the water? It's January, who boats around in January?"

Osiris chuckles, "First it wouldn't hurt you to visit more Al. Second, it was the only way to get him to say yes. Third, this kind of deal and information we have, it needs to be between just us in a safe place where nobody can see and where better than in the middle of a river that hardly anybody goes down during the winter?."

Alice looks out to the water. "Don't call me Al.."

"Well don't call me Si then."

Silence between the two lured its way in after that. A mile away from the dock and in the middle of the Delaware, Osiris shuts the engine off. He turns to Alice. "There, now we will just glide slowly with the current and we can talk about business."

"Speaking of that." Alice faces Osiris. "Does dad even know what the hell is going on? What I did?"

"He does...in a certain way."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Dad knows about the email, I told him. He knows I will soon have a copy of the email. What he DOESN'T know, is that you have anything to do with this. He thinks that this little yacht trip is just a brother and sister hanging out."

Alice glares at Osiris with sheer hatred in her eyes. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?" She shouts. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT DAD WILL DO TO ME WHEN HE FINDS OUT WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON?"