Chapter Fifteen

January 4th, 2020

1501 hours Eastern

Point Breeze, Philadelphia

Alice chews softly on her fifth slice of pizza. She ate the first three pieces in hunger, but now it's just to pass the time. Waiting in front of this stupid camera with these giant headphones squishing down her hair makes her way more irritated than she anticipated it would.

"Goddammit, where is he?" She sighs as she stares out the window, looking down at the entrance of John's building. She has been waiting for over two hours for the asshole who may or may not kill her father..or plan to that is.

As she finished the thought of her father's potential killer actually succeeding, a cab pulls up across the street in front of the apartment doors. Alice gets the camera in position and zooms in close to see the face of the passenger. It's John.

"About time," she huffs. She takes a few photos of him paying the cab driver and walking into the complex. "Kinda cute, in a weird..stalking way." She aims the camera back up to his apartment windows. She flips the on switch up against the receiver to start listening in as John opens his door.

"..of course they screw up my haircut," she hears in her headphones. The guy was right the sound was great, she could even just about hear him breathing softly. She takes more close up photos of him walking to his kitchen and grabbing something from his fridge. He talks out loud just like she does about anything and everything. She smiles slightly, at least she wasn't the only one who does that.

She continually presses the camera button as he goes about his own thing in the apartment. As he sits down and gets sprayed in the face with his beer, she snorts a laugh but is quick to silence herself. His cursing afterward makes her want to laugh more.

She figures that she should probably take less shots of him doing nothing, but quickly decides against this as she zooms into his bedroom and takes a sulky perverse shot of him shirtless.

I might actually keep that one. Gina is right, he is pretty good looking. If he wasn't gonna kill my father, I might have made a move on him, she thinks. She is ignoring his outloud thoughts as he fits himself with a new shirt. She takes another quick shot as he moves to another door in his apartment. Before her view is obstructed by a big brown dog tackling him to the ground.

Her ears are filled with his laughter and the light lapping of Sarah's tongue. As he talks with his dog and investigates the bedroom, Alice takes quick gulps of her massive bottle cola she got with her pizza. She raises her nostrils in disgust when John talks about the large pile of shedded fur on his extra bed. She didn't mind dogs, even enjoyed Sarah when she had met her, but she hated the way dogs shed like crazy and the mess that is caused by it.

Alice groans with boredom as John walks around the apartment, feeding Sarah and finally sitting on his torn couch watching the news. With obviously nothing of any importance happening, she pulls out her phone and plays around on her apps. After a while, noticing there was no more sounds coming from her headset, she looks at the camera video screen to find John passed out on his couch. She rolls her eyes and takes off the headphones and calls her brother.

"Yea, what is it Alice?" Osiris says moments after the phone begins to ring.

"He's home, but he hasn't really done anything. Right now he is asleep on his damn couch. What am I supposed to do while he sleeps?"

"You wait. Wait until he wakes up and checks his email, or calls his guys, or even steps out of the apartment. You are monitoring him, that means you need to follow what he does at all times."