Chapter 73

Emilia's POV

I saw mommy leaving through the window. Not knowing what to do I quietly sat on the small chair with my name on it. I watched how the teacher, whose name was Ms. Lindsey apparently, tried to stop the other children from crying. She looked stressed but nice. Other parents started to leave too.

Ms. Lindsey sat down on the big teacher chair. She was the only one who got to sit on a spinning chair. We were all sat around her in a big circle. "Good morning everybody, my name is Ms. Lindsey. Today is our first day of kindergarten!" She told us as if this was the first time we ever heard the news. Now that I'm at school, I am sure I'm going to learn lots of things and become very smart. "First I'm going to discuss some rules with you-" But as for today I think I won't learn anything relevant.

"First when you want to say something, you have to stick your hand up in the air. Can we all do that?" she asked with a big smile. All the other kids around me brought their hand up in the air. I don't have something to say so I didn't. The teacher looked at me, awaiting my actions before raising her eyebrows. Slowly all the eyes turned to me. "Emilia, Can't you stick your hand up high in the air like the others?" I shake my head, feeling tears burn in my eyes. "It's okay. You are not in trouble." She said quickly. "Okay, well, here I have a nice chain with many different colors. Does anybody know what colors they are?" Ms. Lindsey kind of scared me because she looks so smiley all the time. A boy shouted the color green as he stood up to point it out. "uh, uh, uh, what did I just tell you?" She went on with the rules such as that you have to bring the chain to the toilet with you so that there is one on the toilet at the time. The other rules were about how it is all going to work.

Moments later, after the tour round the school and after listening to Ms. Lindsey read for us, it was finally snack time. I got my little lunch box from my bag which was filled with a juice box and a lot of food. I guess my mom thought I was going to be hungry. I quietly sat at my small table, munching on my grapes while watching the others around me until my eyes found this girl. She was, just like me, quietly sitting at her table but she didn't have a snack. I picked my stuff up and put it on her table. I went back to grab my chair, which I was learnt to carry in a particular way, and put it next to her so I could sit next to the blonde haired girl. She gave me a questioning look. "Don't you have food?" I asked softly. She shook her head. "My mommy forgot to pack it" She shrugged with a little frown etched on her face. "Here, you can have some of mine." She smiled before she shyly picked something she looked from my survival stock.

"My name is Emilia. What is your name?" I asked. She mumbled something I couldn't make out. "What?" again she said her name but I still couldn't make out what she said. I smiled at her before Ms. Lindsey told us to store away our snacks.

Demi's POV

I nervously sat at my desk at the office I share with Nick and Phil. Tapping my foot on the ground and my fingers on the table as if it was a piano. "Do you think she misses me?" I sigh, looking up at Nick. His face appears from behind his laptop screen. Slowly his left eyebrow lifts up. My fingernails stop tapping against the wooden desk. "Nick, I'm serious!" my eyes widened. The sound of a chuckle left his mouth causing me to sigh, yet again.

I grabbed my phone for the uncountable time today. Still not time to go pick her up. My chin rests on the palm of my hand. "What if she is crying for me right now?"  "Demi, seriously, stop worrying too much. You know Emilia. She will most likely be fine." I knew Nick was right but deep down I feel guilty for leaving her there all alone. I lifelessly played some boring games on my phone to kill the time. "Okay I got to go. Bye" I distractedly said grabbing my car keys.

I made sure to leave in time so I would be early at her school. So here I stand. Waiting outside her school with plenty other parents around me who probably felt the same as me. Suddenly I felt small arms wrap around my leg, making me jump. "Mommy" I looked down to the unfamiliar little girl that clung to my leg. "I'm sorry baby, I'm not your mommy" The small, I guess, 2-year-old couldn't even answer or a woman who most likely is her mom was already at her side. "I'm so sorry" She said a little stressed while picking up her now crying toddler. "It's okay" I smile softly. "First day at kindergarten for your little one too?" She asked as she swung her child in her arms. I nod "Yeah, can't wait to hear if she liked it or not." I admit. "Tell me about it! I'm such a bad mom. I forgot to pack her snacks so she must be starving by now." We were laughing about our typical parental problems when the school buzzer buzzed. I learned a lot about her already. She has five kids, three girls and two boys, and always on the run. A social busy mom with the biggest heart.

Finally, I saw my baby girl walking hand in hand with another girl. I squatted down when she came running at me after she gave her teacher a handshake. A big smile was placed on her lips as she still held the hand of this girl. I guess she made friends already. She flung herself in my arms. "Hi baby" I exclaimed, hugging her tightly. "Did you have a good time?" I looked into her brown eyes, brushing her hair out of her face. She excitedly nodded her head. "Look mommy, this is my friend."

A/N I'm sorry for the POV change !! Expect the next chapter within 3 days :)