Chapter 7

Demi's POV

I woke up watching Emmi. She was sleeping on her tummy with her arms above her head. I love her so much that it hurts to see her unhappy or sad. I feel so attached to her in so little time. Like I only got to meet her a few weeks ago for the first time! Suddenly my alarm went off. "Demi?" I type in the password to stop my alarm. "Sorry baby". "was your password e m m i?" She asked. "Yes" I smiled. "You're a smartass" she giggled and I covered my mouth when I realized what I said "whoopsie you're very smart I meant to say". I heard her tummy rumble "ahoh someone is hungry" I said poking her tummy. She laughed. I got out of bed and she reached out for me to carry her. I picked her up and she placed her still sleepy head on my shoulder. I smiled, it made me feel so happy she trusted me this much.

"Hey babygirl, can I ask you something" she nodded "sure". "Would you like to meet my family? They are really nice" I said. She looked down at her plate. "It's okay, you don't have to if you don't want to" I looked her in the eyes. She shook her head "I want to but..." "but what baby?". There was a long silence. "I'm scared... what if they don't like me?" Tears escaped her eyes. I walked towards her and held her tight. "They will like you babygirl, they already do" I smiled."I've send them pictures of you almost every day and they can't wait to meet you!" "Really?" She looked up "yes really!" I smiled down at her. "When will they come?" She asked softly. "In about 3 hours, so we have to get ready!"

~~~~~~

I got all dressed up and put my make up on as Emmi played a game on my Iphone still in her PJs on my bed. "Let's go get you dressed up babygirl". She locked my phone and gave it to me as she toddled to her own room. She chose what she wanted to wear, I got it for her and helped her change. She has such a good style. She chose black legging and an a grey little dress with a cat on it along with her little brown boots. Her hair was in a messy bun. "Demi can I show you something?" "Yes sure babygirl, what's up?". She got a bag from under her bed. Then she walked towards me and showed me a picture. "That was my dad". I looked at the picture, Emmi was kissing her dad in a white jumper and her hair was in a messy bun, exactly how her hair looks today. "This was the last kiss I gave him before he... And my brother.. Uhm got in a car crash " she said. I didn't really know what to say. But I didn't have the chance since we heard a the doorbell ring.

~~~~~
I opened the door with my spare arm as Emmi was in my other arm. "HII DEMI" " OMG SHE IS SO CUTE" "OMG" "SHE IS SO TINY" Emmi hid her face in my hair. "Holy shit guys, you're so loouuuuddd!!" I laughed. "Come in" I said. I put Emmi back on her feet carefully and hugged my momma followed with rest of my family. Emmi stayed behind my leg. I squatted down. "Baby say hi". "Hi" she said in her cutest voice. I smiled when my family introduced themselves to Emmi. After a little while we had dinner and we got all caught up on each others life. Emmi actually really opened up to my family. I was so proud of her. Her and Maddy went to play and my dad and Dallas sat on the cough talking. I was doing the dishes when my mom came to help me. "How are you?" "Amazing" I said "Emmi is the best thing ever happened to me" I smiled.

~~~~~~~

All too soon they had to go. I hugged them all goodbye. After we waved till we couldn't see the car anymore Emmi andI sat on the cough. I held Emmi close to me. We sat there in silence till Emmi broke it. "I really like your family, It felt like they were my family too" she said. I smiled "I'm happy you did feel that way babygirl, I love you" "I love you more" "Not possible" she rubbed her eyes with her fists and yawned " yes possible". "Let's go to bed baby" I picked her up, went upstairs and laid her down in my bed. I quickly changed her and myself. When I laid down into my bed she placed her head on my chest. I drew patterns on her back. When I looked down at her she was fast asleep. She always sleeps with me. She has only slept once in her own bed.