Chapter 76

Demi's POV

It's Friday evening, the first school week has passed by and now both Emilia and I are ready for a weekend to rest. Up till today, Emilia loved school. Sienna has filled to shoes to be her best friend. They haven't been on a play date yet but I wouldn't be surprised that within a short time they are not only inseparable at school but also outside the school building. Even their teacher fangirls about their cute friendship with us.

"Emmi, come cuddle with me." I playfully pouted. She looked down at me from her position. She was lying on her tummy with her hand under her small legs. From the look in her eyes I could see it was almost bedtime for the little girl even though it's still way earlier than her usual bedtime. She stood up, making sure she was steady before she walked over the couch towards where I was half sitting, half laying. A little wobbly she made her way into my open arms. She turned around to sit comfortably in my lap, resting her head against my chest. Her eyes were immediately glued to the tv again while I played with her soft brown baby hair.

After a little bit, I noticed Emilia having to fight hard against the sleep that's going to take over. "Come on, baby girl. Let's get you into bed." I whispered softly against her temple before I placed a soft kiss on her head. "No" she whined. The typical whine of a too tired child that won't actually admit it's indeed super tired. "Yes" I copied. As I picked her up, she instantly laid her head against my shoulder, a thing she always does when she hasn't much energy left. I smiled softly as soft cries came from my baby girl. I pet her back gently. Glad her teeth were already brushed.

I helped her pull off her grey Nike sweatpants. "Arms up, please" she obediently lifts her arms up in the air while she of course keeps crying. Letting the big tears roll over her soft cheeks. Easily, her white t-shirt slipped off. I neatly place the clothes on a random chair in her room. Left in just her undies, she lets herself fall on the floor. "You've got a face for a smile you know" I smirk at her although she doesn't think it's funny. Quickly I change her into some comfy white long sleeved pajamas with dots, stars and a cute grey owl on her tummy. With a little help she gets into her bed. "Baby, calm down." I kept my voice soft so that she knows I'm not upset with her. Her shoulders were raised, her muscles tense and breathing was all over the place. "Do you want me to read a story?" I asked as I wiped her tears with my thumb. "No" she coughed. "I don't wanna sleep" I stared right back into her eyes. "I know" I whispered.

Her hiccups filled the silence that surrounded us. "I miss daddy" she eventually brought out, crying even harder. Her small hands covered her face. My heart broke at the sight. I didn't know what to say since I didn't know which one she meant. She started to refer to Wilmer as daddy too now. I pulled her in my lap where she buried herself more into me. "Ssh" I tried. Slowly rocking her. "I miss daddy" she repeated. Guessing it was indeed Wilmer she missed, I picked her back up again. First, I made her a bottle filled with water to get her to calm down as much as possible. Secondly, I dialed his number in my phone. "Pick up" I soundlessly wished. I groaned as it went to voicemail almost immediately. "Baby, daddy can't pick up his phone right now" "I miss daddy". Not really knowing what to do, I started to sing a random song that came to my mind.

>>>

A loud buzz wakes me up in the middle of the night. I try to turn towards my phone until I notice a small weight adding to my stomach. She must have sneaked into my bed late at night. I reach for my phone on my nightstand causing a sleepy whimper to leave from Emilia. "Hi" I whisper into my phone after I answered the call. "Why'd you call?" He asks. "Emilia misses you" I state, absently drawing pattern on Emilia's back.  "And I do too" I admit, staring through my slightly open curtains. "Well, you can just drive to the airport now and wait for me there?" I laugh slightly. "You're so funny" I sarcastically remark, followed by a big yawn. "Babe, I'm serious" My eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What do you mean?" I feel Emilia nuzzle her face more into my neck with a big sigh. "I'm coming home" I could basically hear him smiling. "When?" I ask, still somewhat confused and not wanting to get my hopes up. "The plane is about to touch down" A smile reveals itself on my face. "Are you actually serious? Okay, I'll be there" I exclaim happily. Quickly saying our goodbye's before I rush out of bed, totally forgetting the fact that Emilia was peacefully sleeping on me.

"Mommy" She immediately started to cry. I muttered a quiet "fuck" under my breath. "It's okay. Sorry! I'm here." I rushed. Placing her on my hip while I tried to get some sweatpants on with one hand and at the same time slip my feet into my comfortable runners. On my way to my car I grabbed my coat, phone, keys and purse. The cold night air sending shivers through my spine. Should have put on my coat before going outside. It was until then that I realized I didn't even grab Emilia some shoes nor her coat. "Hey, you silly bum" I carefully place the still half asleep toddler in her car seat. "How did you get that pacifier, mhm?" I ask with my eyebrows raised. I didn't even realize she had her pacifier in her mouth. I actually forgot about that thing. It hadn't showed up for a while now because she usually only wants it when she misses her...her dad. Shit, maybe she didn't even cry about Wilmer earlier but about her biological dad.

After a few minutes we arrived at the airport. Wilmer wasn't there yet since he couldn't find his suitcase or something. Which gave me a great opportunity to go shopping for some comfy shoes for my daughter and maybe a welcome home balloon as a joke. "Are we going with the plane?" Emilia smartly remarked, recognizing that this is where the planes are. "No, we are here to pick up Wilmer" I smiled as she played with my hair. "Daddy?!" Her eyes grew big, filled with excitement. "Yes, daddy! Should we buy a nice balloon for daddy?" She frantically nods her head. "Okay. Let's do that then. But first we need some shoes for you" I got her some black vans without laces. They looked cute on her.

Eventually, Emilia got me to get Wilmer a heart balloon and a big teddy bear. Even though I'm pretty sure the big fluffy teddy bear will end up being hers. She held both the balloon and the teddy bear tightly in her arms as we walked to were Wilmer should be. Indeed, there he stood with flowers in his left hand and his suitcase in his right. Emilia saw him too and ran towards him. Fortunately, he saw her coming in time so he could catch her. I quickly followed and joined the hug. Sharing a quick kiss with my handsome man. He handed me the roses like the real gentlemen that he is. "Look, daddy! Mommy and I got you this" She proudly told him, referring to the balloon and stuffed animal. "Is that for me?" Emilia nodded while I just smiled at the both of them. "I got you a present as well! But it's still in my suitcase." He told the little girl before kissing her cheek. I grabbed the handle of his suitcase and his strong hand as we walked to the car to go home again. "I missed you so much daddy"