Chapter 15

Emmi's POV

I've got a huge scar because the broken glass that was stuck in my hip. When it happend my mom first seemed to care, but I guess I drew conclusions too fast.

I came 'home' from Teddy. We showed our new dance to his parents and little sister today. They said we were very good. Two years ago we wanted to participate to a dance competition. We were too young and it was too expensive also. Since then we always kept dancing together. I loved it! Not only because Teddy is my best friend, dancing makes me feel like I can fly. My mind is like switched off or something. I closed the door behind me quietly so my mom couldn't hear me. Unfortunatly my mom was already standing in front of me. She raised her hand. I was scared. I closed my eyes and started to sing. Demi always told her fans that if she isn't there, her music will always be there for you.

Light on my heart, light on my feet, light in your eyes,

I can't even speak, do you even know

How you make me weak

I'm a lightweight, better be careful what you say

With every word I'm blown away

You're in control of my heart

I'm a lightweight easy to fall easy to break

With every move my whole world shakes

Keep me from falling apart.

I sang the song on top of my lungs with my eyes thightly shut. I waited for the same feeling of pain I have been getting used to. When I opened my eyes my mommy was sitting on her knees right in front of me. She had tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry baby, for everything" My momma said. Even when Demi isn't here she can save me. Then my mom stood up and went to the living room, I followed her. She gave me a box and started calling somebody on the phone. I didn't pay attention to her chat on the phone because I was too confused with this box. When she ended the phone call she did something I thought she would never do again in my life. She hugged me. First I didn't know what to do, but then I hugged her back. "I love y-". Suddenly the door bursted open. "WHERE ARE YOU?! IT'S TIME" Mrs. Hanigan yelled. I tensed. "Run" my mom whispered in my ear. I didn't know what she meant. I wanted to ask her why and where to but then Mrs. Hanigan found us. Mrs. Hanigan grabbed my mommy's neck and put a gun against her temple. "NO STOP!" I screamed. "Emmi, Go!" "B-but mommy!" "Emmi Go! now!" I did what my mommy told me and ran outside. I could here screams from my mom. followed by a loud thump and then silence. Mrs. Hanigan came outside and saw me. I held my breath and ran as fast as I could. I didn't look back. I couldn't look back. My heart was pounding.

Demi's POV

I've been very busy with x-factor lately. I love working with Britney and LA and uhm... Simon cowell ofcourse. The auditions start whitin 3 weeks. I should be excited, but I'm not. I still miss Emilia. I just got home at 4pm from a day full of meetings when my phone rang. It was an unknown number, "Hello?" "Hi, am I speaking to Demi?" "Yes, Who is this may I ask?" "This is Colleen speaking, Emilia's mom". I don't know why Ms. Terrison would call me, but my mind went crazy. "oh hi! how's little Emmi?". "uhm.. good.. can you please come visit us? like as quick as you can?" her voice sounded shaky and scared but I don't know why."Yes ofcourse! I'm coming right now" something didn't feel right. I got my stuff and ran to my car.

The police signed me too stop. I cursed in my head but followed them to the side of the road. They told me I was speeding too much. "Listen, Just give me the fine. I have to go, a little 4 year old needs me right now!" I said annoyed. "Alright, Now we understand why you were speeding. It's fine now.. but be carefull!". I turned the car back on the road and headed to Emilia as fast as I possibly could.

Four hours after I left my house I drove throuh Emmi's neighborhood. Just a few turns and I would be at her house. It was already dark and cold outside because it's winter. I turned left, but then I saw a kid sitting around the corner. What kid would be on the streets this late? I parked my car and walked towards the person. As I got closer, I was shocked by who it was. Emmi was sitting there with her knees against her chest. Her clothes looked dirty and ripped. It were the same clothes as the clothes she was wearing when I brought her home. She was looking right infront of her without any emotions. "Emmi?" I said. She tensed and tried to run away. But she couldn't even stand up. "Emmi, baby girl, It's me! Demi" I said as I squatted down in front of her. She was shaking from the cold, so I put my coat around her. She looked up and started to cry. I picked her up and held her thight. She was so cold. "What's wrong baby?" I asked when she calmed down a bit. She didn't answer. "'let's go back to your mommy! she must be very worried" "I CAN'T" She screamed out when she started crying again. "Baby why can't we go back to your mommy?" "Sh-She is d-dead!" Loud sobs escaped her mouth. instantly I got this really unsafe feeling. I walked back to my car with Emmi in my arms. When I sat down in my car, I locked the doors and called the police. I explained them everything I knew and gave them the adress.

A/N Hii guys!! I'm sorry I updated later than I said I would be. I was busy and blablabla stupid excuses.. Did you guys like this chapter??? I will try to update as much as I can because I have christmas break yashh :D please tell me what you think about the story xxx