24- The End

Lily's POV

"Happy birthday, Lily!"

I grin at my friends and thank them once again for the amazing surprise party that was being thrown for me. No doubt that Charlie and her dad were in with the plan, because I knew that they were, they had to of been.

Charlie's dad, George, I see him standing in the back of the yard with Janice, his girlfriend. They're the only adults at the party, but of course, there needs to be supervision. I mean, I'm only turning fourteen, it's not like I would have alcohol or anything, but they just don't want us getting into any trouble.

We're in the backyard of mine and Charlie's house and I'm surrounded by like, twenty people from school. Of course, I'm only close friends with four of the girls there, Charlie just told my friends to invite everybody, so this is what happened.

My best friend, Katy, and I walk to the back of the yard to talk to George.

"Where's Charlie?" I ask him.

He grins at me. "She'll be here soon."

I squint at him skeptically. "What aren't you telling me?"

"It's a surprise, Lil." Janice chirps. I like Janice, she's really nice. She's been together with George for a few years now, and I don't know why he hasn't purposed yet, but he definitely should.

"Okay, fine." I appease them, letting Katy take me away from them and towards the cake.

"We got your favorite." She sings, sitting me in front of a huge purple- my favorite color- birthday cake with fourteen candles and everything. "Chocolate, of course."

"Oh, of course." I laughed, watching as Jo started lighting the candles with everyone gathered around the table.

Once all of the candles were lit up, I blow them out with my wish after everyone sings happy birthday to me, which is really embarrassing and weird.

"What did you wish for?" Katy asks eagerly.

I laugh and open my mouth to reply, but somebody else beats me to it.

"Hey, she can't tell you what she wished for, then it won't come true." I recognize the voice and spin around to see the black-haired guy standing behind me.

"Kevin!" I cheer, shooting out of my chair and wrapping him in a bone crushing hug. When Kevin's mom died of some overdose a few years ago, he decided to come to San Francisco, since I guess he kept in touch with Thomas by letter even though he was in prison. After living with me and Charlie for about a year to get on his feet, Kevin moved into a neighborhood only about a twenty minute drive away from this one, which is amazing, because I love Kevin.

"Happy birthday, kiddo." He laughs, returning my hug before I go back to my chair and we all have cake and then I open a few presents. Most of them are gift cards for iTunes and stuff like that, which is nice. I thank everybody and then I hear Charlie's voice pipe through the crowd.

"Wait, you forgot one!" She calls.

I didn't know she was at the party yet, so I stand up and turn to search for her. When my eyes land on her long brunette hair, I grin and make my way towards her until I notice the blonde guy standing beside her. So many emotions hit me at once, and they're all really good.

"THOMAS!" I shriek in probably the loudest voice that I've ever used as I bolt across the yard towards my brother that I haven't seen in almost eight years. I know that everyone curiously looks at me once I make that large screaming sound, but I don't care. The last thing I remember of seeing Thomas is when he left me in that shed to go run an errand.