2. Don't Try To Fight The Feeling

"Hi, baby girl. Hi, Isabella."

Louis cradled Isabella in his arms, Isabella's wide brown eyes looking up at him in wonder.

After the whole extravaganza of celebration and nerves piling up with Zayn's and Liam's first child, they had gotten Isabella settled down enough that she was familiar with her surroundings and a lot, lot, lot less crying. They figured it was as good time as any to invite the two lads over considering Isabella was behaving and acting like an angel this past week. Harry and Louis though...weren't quite up to par yet.

Harry pinched his bottom lip between his thumb and index finger, inching closer and making a move to grab Isabella.

"Hold on, Harry, I just got her. She's with Uncle Tommo now," Louis scolded, his soft blue eyes clouding just by looking at Harry.

"Pal."

"Fine." Louis rolled his eyes in an exaggerated fashion and gave in to Harry's protests. "Careful, Harry. Gently," he warned as he tentatively placed Isabella in Harry's arms.

Whereas Louis was holding Isabella like she was fine china that costed a fortune, Harry was pressing her tightly to his chest, all snug and warm and tucked in. Louis tried not to think how good Harry looked with a baby wrapped to his chest.

"I got her. I got her," Harry sighed contently.

Louis' breathing regained into even, deep breaths that was until Harry fake dropped Isabella to the floor, his dimples deepening with mischief.

"Woah!"

"Harry."

Louis pinched the bridge of his nose, his other hand propping on his hip.

Jesus, Harry is this close to giving him a heart attack.

Harry outdid Louis' dramatic gesture with an innocent bat of his eyelashes, bright green eyes peeking through. Honestly, who the hell gave him the right to do hellish things and get away with it with one endearing look? It's fucking inconsiderate, is what it is.

Liam laughed right alongside Harry's breathy chuckles. Louis looked towards Zayn whose expression was mortified and worried. For once, Louis sided with Zayn on this.

"Babe." Exasperation hid in Zayn's voice, Zayn looking at Liam with pleading eyes.

Liam's giggles died down. He schooled his face into mock seriousness and tackled on the role of a responsible parent.

"Uh, yeah, you're right."

Louis had to give Liam credit for trying.

"She's fine," Harry shrugged them off and swung tiny, gurgling Isabella in his arms back and forth, a bit too forceful for anyone's liking. "She's like a little football."

"Will you stop it? Harry. Hazza! Stop it, seriously."

Louis threw his hands up in the air only to let them fall limp in his hair, tangles getting caught between the gaps of his fingers.

Louis didn't know when the roles were reversed. Naturally, he loved to take the piss out of people, always riling them up to get some sort of reaction out of them. It was amusing and he considered it his personal form of entertainment. Harry was way different in comparison. He was gentle with people, always ushering nice words and complimenting them just so he could see the bright smiles on their faces. With little kids, it was a whole other different story.

Louis loved humming to toddlers at night, helping them color on the walls and giving them encouraging words. Harry, on the other hand, loved playing with the kids. Not in an innocent way, no, he lived for shoving them while playing a hard fought game of football and not even giving them a chance to score. Harry was there hoisting children upside down and hiding with them in dangerously high places in a game of hide-and-go seek. He was mental with kids.