Chapter Twenty Three

I leave Ricky and my mom to talk for what's probably a couple hours or so until Ricky enters my room again, plopping himself down on my bed next to me.

"How was my mom?" I ask, raising a brow at him when he laughs at me. "Why are you laughing at me?"

"You kinda made it sound as if you were asking me about a fuck," he explains. I widen my eyes in disbelief, but I can't help the laugh that builds up myself.

"So you write kinky smut about you and my mom, huh?" I tease him again, laughing harder when he goes red and defends himself again.

"Chris, I know nothing about how sex works, and I'm gay anyways!"

"I'm just teasing you, babe."

"I know..." Ricky trails off, as if he's wanting to bring something up but isn't sure he should. I lazily toss an arm around his shoulders and pull him into an awkward, but hopefully comforting side hug. He sighs a little before continuing, "Is it okay to ask what was wrong earlier when you came home?"

"You technically just did."

"Okay, then. Mind telling?"

"Have I told you about how Adriana and Blue broke up because Blue thought Adriana was cheating on her because she was texting another girl with a heart in her contact?"

"Uh... I think so," Ricky says with a nod, curious eyes set on mine to show that I has his full attention.

"And how Adriana defended herself saying that she was texting her sister, who lives all the way in Europe?"

"She actually does, though," Ricky says, his eyes widening as mine do as well.

"Seriously? How do you know?"

"Lea Copeland? She's like seven years older than her, I think... Yeah. She was my babysitter for two or three years, then she went to school in like, France or something..."

"Wow."

"Yeah..."

"So Adriana was telling the truth the whole time, then."

"I guess so," Ricky sighs sympathetically.

"I'll try to talk to them tomorrow," I tell Ricky, and he nods with a smile.

"Okay. I'm gonna go eat food," Ricky announces as he shrugs my arm off his shoulder and starts heading to the door.

"Do ghosts even need food?"

"No, not really."

"If you don't need food, then how come you need sleep?"

"I don't need sleep."

"Then how come you get tired?"

"The same reason I get hungry."

"But you said you don't need food?"

"If I don't get food, I'll still be okay because I'm a ghost, and ghosts are already dead."

"You must've had a miserable three months then."

"No, I ate from the fruit tree in the back yard."

"We have a fruit tree?"

"Wow, and you've been living here for how long?" Ricky teases. I roll my eyes playfully and wave him off, and he disappears off to the kitchen while I think of how to get Adriana and Blue together so we can talk. And, how I can even talk to Adriana, who I'm pretty sure hates me at the moment. Maybe I can get one of the guys to help me out or something...