Chapter Twenty Five

it's like three and a half hours late so I apologize. this is a bittersweet ending, I guess. and happy new year :^)

<><><><><><>

>>>time skip to about a week later<<<

"Can you stop pausing the game every time you're about to lose?" Ricky asks snappily after I pause the game for the umpteenth time. I laugh a little at the frustrated ghost boy.

"This isn't why this time," I inform him, setting my controller aside and getting up.

"So you're gonna abandon the game because you keep losing?"

"No, Ricky. I gotta take a shit if you must know."

"Graphic. Didn't wanna know that," Ricky fakes disgust teasingly. I wave him off as I exit the room. I know that I should've brought my controller with me when I hear the video game unpause. I roll my eyes, not too bothered with it. I was gonna lose anyways... I enter the bathroom, and I'm sure you can guess what happens next.

But as I finish my business, I find that there's no toilet paper left on the roll.

"Ricky!" I call out to the only other person in the house. No response, so I try again, a little louder this time, "Ricky! I need toilet paper!"

The cheating ghost still doesn't respond, and doesn't for the next few minutes, so there's only one more option for me; get some myself, but it's all the way in the laundry room.

I carefully stand up and waddle over to the door, being sure to grab my towel and wrap it around my waist for more privacy.

I step out into the hallway and head to the stairs, but going downstairs with your pants around your ankles is never a good idea. I lose my footing and my balance, sending myself tumbling headfirst down the stairs.

<><><>

I find myself waking up at the bottom of stairs when someone shoves me lightly. I feel as if I was hit by a truck or some shit, and... I don't even know what this is, I've never felt this before... It's not fun at all.

I open my eyes, immediately making eye contact with my boyfriend, who managed to look both sympathetic and amused at the same time. I furrow my brows at him as I sit up with Ricky's help.

"Do you know what happened?" Ricky asks me when he notices my confused expression. I shake my head. "You, uh... kinda broke your neck and died."

And then I'm slapped in the face with memories of the final moments of my life- I cringe from embarrassment. So that means-

I glance down my legs, blushing furiously as I find that my pants are, indeed, still wrapped around my ankles.

"Out of all the ways I could've died, it had to be tripping over my pants and falling down the stairs," I cry out, hastily pulling my pants back up my legs as Ricky laughs at me in my mortified state. "How long was I dead?"

"Like, a few hours or something. Your mom is outside calling a friend so she can stay somewhere else," Ricky answers, and I go pale.

Was she the one who found me? It had to have been...

Dude, her only child is dead. And it's all because I took a shit without checking to see if there was any toilet paper first. This probably would've been funny if my mom wasn't so fucking crushed and miserable, which I'm sure she is.

Fuck, man. Always check for toilet paper before sitting down. Also, if you use the last bit on the roll, be a doll and get the next roll yourself. This whole fucking thing could've been easily prevented...

I should go talk to her and try to comfort her...

I get up to my feet and start towards the door, but when I get there and peak out, I see my mom getting into someone else's car before they're driving away.

"Well, fuck, then," I sigh as I close the door again, slumping against it. "Do you think she'll ever come back?"

"She should," Ricky shrugs as he walks over. He places a comforting hand on my shoulder, "I mean, she didn't bring anything with her."

"What if her friend sends someone to get her stuff instead?"

"What if she doesn't?"

I only shrug as I excuse myself to the laundry room to finish the deed that ended me.

<><><>

A few days later, my mom still hasn't returned. She did send someone to get her things for her though, which I'll admit, did kill me inside a little- even though I'm dead and can't be killed any further.

Her dumbass friend thought it'd be a great idea to steal my motherfucking phone so I can't even contact any of my friends during the weekdays. We can still chill on the weekends because I realized that I could, in fact, leave the house, I just can't leave the property. So we all hang out on the weekends, and sometimes I use Johnny's phone to talk to my Scranton friends. I tried to contact my mom with it, but she's not one to answer phone calls from unfamiliar numbers, which is stupid as shit, but there's nothing I can do about that. I can only hope she returns home one day.

But anyways, me and Ricky are sat under the fruit tree that's apparently been here for so long, but I never knew about. It's just a small pomegranate plant, the fruit not quite ready yet as the seeds weren't chewy enough and some of them weren't even red, but they were still pretty good and I liked spitting mine out at Ricky, who would threaten to fight me and spit his at me in return.

"You know what would be good right now?" I ask Ricky as I put more of the sour seeds in my mouth.

"What?"

"Ghost jokes, remember those?"

"Those were bad."

I spit my seeds at him, and they get launched into his hair. We both laugh at that as he does his best to pluck them out of his hair.

"Why couldn't the boy ghost have children?" I ask anyways.

"Why?" Ricky asks as he snuggles into my side, allowing himself to get comfortable while he braces himself for my bad jokes.

"He had a hollow weenie!"

"Wow, Chris."

"I know. What kind of calls do ghosts make?"

"What?"

"Boo-ty calls!"

"Are all of your jokes gonna be dirty?"

"Jokes don't have a physical form, so they can't have dirt on them. Unless the joke is you."

"You're not funny."

I can't help but laugh at my boyfriend as he fakes offense and pretends to be mad, but I know he's actually amused.

"What part of Ricky's body does Chris like the most?"

"His boo-ty."

"How did you know?"

"Wild guess. How 'bout some PG-13 ghost jokes?"

"I'm grown, Ricky."

"I'm still a kid. You pedophile."

"There's barely an age difference so what you mean?"

"Just teasing," Ricky laughs again before he spits more seeds at me. "No more ghost jokes for now."

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too, ya pedophile."

<><><><><><>

after a sixteen month journey, this fic is over. the feels. i probably should've taken this chapter a little more seriously since i basically killed chris in it and devastated his mom, but i guess it works. so like, thank you guys for all the support and feedback. I love yall <3

ps: another shoutout to my best friend musicismykingdom.  he also gave me the booty ghost jokes and helped me a lot with this story :^)  I love you, fren <3