An Eventful Date ~Romano

Disclaimer:  I don't own Hetalia! *sob*

The video at the side has nothing to do with this oneshot. You can listen to it if you want to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You smiled at your reflection in the mirror. Today, your long time friend Lovino had asked you on a date.

...Of course, he didn't really address it as such. He had actually denied it, cheeks taking on a rosy hue, when you asked.

You frankly wondered where he was going to take you. It definitely had to be a restaurant...it totally sounded like Lovino.

   You were interrupted from your musings by a knock on your door. You rushed to open it.

Almost immediately, something was shoved in your face. "Mmph!" You managed to catch it before it fell.

"Sorry..." A familiar voice muttered. "I-I got these for you...n-not that I care, dammit!"

You blinked dazedly before smiling bemusedly at the flustered Italian before looking at what exactly 'it' was.

It was a bouquet of white roses!

"Aw, Lovi~!" You cooed. "You remembered my favorite flowers! How sweet!"

Lovino turned beet red. "W-whatever, let's just go!"

    He took you to this really expensive Italian restaurant, south of town. You were actually quite worried that you'd break something when you'd touch it.

You two were seated at a table net to a large window, overlooking the bay. The moon shone bright in the starry night sky. All in all, it was a pretty romantic setting, and you had a feeling the Lovino was behind it.

A rather tall waiter came to take your order, and he kept smiling creepily at you, and it seemed to tick off Lovino.

"Lovi, what's wrong?" You asked, concerned.

"Nothing." Lovino avoided looking at you.

The food was absolutely delicious. Lovino had truly made a good choice. You told him so as you both got into the car. He blushed, but otherwise said nothing.

   You frowned. Lovino hadn't been talking to you since the food arrived in the restaurant. However, you decided to let it go.

The car ride was silent, and it was killing you on the inside. Lovino was still rejecting your advances to strike up a decent conversation.

As Lovino was accompanying you to the doorstep (still not talking, mind you), you finally burst.

"What is with you!"

"W-what?" Lovino was taken off guard.

"You've been ignoring me! WHY?!"

"I'm not ignoring you! See, I'm talking to you now!"

"No! Ever since that waiter took our orders, you haven't been talking to me!" Needless to say, you were furious.

"He was flirting with you!"

"So?! If I don't care, why should you?"

"..." He muttered something incomprehensible.

"What?"

"TI AMO!" He shouted, looking down straight afterwords.

You blinked. "...What?" You didn't know a word in Italian, unless pasta counted.

Lovino looked frustrated, before he smiled uncharacteristically. "I'll just have to show you then."

What happened to the tsundere Lovi? You managed to wonder, before-

"-Mmph!"

His lips crashed to yours in a rough kiss. It was over as fast as it came.

You stared at him, eyes wide, and touched your, now bruised lips. "Ouch..."

Lovino laughed bitterly. "I practically confessed my love to you, and you just said 'ouch'. Wonderful."

He made a move to turn around and walk back to his car, but your hand automatically shot out to catch his. He turned back, olive green eyes wide with shock, obviously not expecting you to  look at him, much less touch him.

You mustered up all the courage you had and kissed him.

This time though, it was a lot gentler. Lovino was unresponsive at first, but slowly wrapped his arms around your waist and began to kiss back.

Your mind went completely blank...it was that amazing.

You broke apart for air.

"...wow..." You giggled, feeling incredibly light-headed.

"S-so...does this make us...you know...?"

"You'll have to ask." You smiled coyly.

He returned it, albeit a little hesitantly. " [Name], will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course."