~Prussia

11:00 PM; December 31, 2014

[Name] smiled, walking to the park, as per Gilbert's request.

"I've got an awesome surprise for you."He had grinned in glee. "Just go."

So, here she was. As she glanced around her, suddenly feeling insecure as she saw many couples walking by, she wondered why exactly Gilbert had asked her to come here.

[Name] had never been one to celebrate New Year's; Gilbert knew that. There had to be a pretty good reason for him to call her here.

"Out here all by yourself?" [Name] had just taken a seat on a wooden bench, when someone addressed her. She looked up to see an azure eyed man with shoulder-length blond locks that curled at his chin.

"Err...yes?" She replied, instantly wary. The man had the looks of someone suspicious, but [Name] generally preferred to actually get to know a person before judging them.

"My name is Francis Bonnefoy." He spoke with an accent; it was pretty well hidden, but [Name] was sure it was French. The name pretty much gave it away too. "Yours, madame?"

"Um...[Name]..?"

"Ah, what a beautiful name!" He sighed dreamily.

[Name] instantly put as much space between them as physically possible. She didn't really like this guy. "FYI," She spoke, "I'm not single."

"You aren't?" His eyes grew wide in despair. "Why are all the pretty girls taken?" He proceeded to mope.

[Name] felt awkward. She wasn't really good at these kinds of things. "It's okay..." She patted him on the arm. "You'll find someone else..."

"Really? You think so?" Francis gave her a sad smile. "I'm not really good at finding true love."

"Don't worry, you'll do fine."

"Merci*." He smiled, before getting up. "I must go, I'm afraid. Enjoy your New Years."

"Thank you." [Name] replied, although she didn't care about New Years Day at all.

With one last grin sent her way, Francis walked away, leaving [Name] alone on the park bench.

11:30 PM; December 31, 2014

"Yo [Name], what're you doin' here by yourself?" [Name] looked up to see Alfred Jones, her best friend since kindergarten.  His baby blue eyes sparkled with laughter, as he sat himself next to her, leaning back on the bench, and looking at [Name] with an eyebrow raised. "So?"

"Oh! Err...Gilbert asked me to come here." She replied, embarrassed for not having answered Alfred's question sooner. "I have no idea why, though."

Alfred grinned wide at that. "So he's actually doing it, huh?" He ran his hand through his sandy brown hair.

"What's he doing?" [Name] questioned, desperate.

Alfred just shook his head. "Nah...that's for me to know, and you to find out."

"Alfie!" [Name] pouted, slightly upset. "This is so unfair! How come you know?"

"Secret." He put a finger to his lips, and winked. He barely managed to get away from a flying fist, sent his way by [Name].

"Anyways, I gotta go bro! See ya later!" He laughed, running away towards the fountain at the other end of the park, once again, leaving [Name] all by herself, sitting on the park bench.

"Great. Just Great."

11:59; December 31, 2014

"Where is that idiot?" [Name] wondered, as she tried to make out the grey-white hair that was a distinguishing feature her partner, among the crowds. "He'd better not have forgotten, 'cause if he did, I'm going to-"

"What was that?" A familiar voice spoke. "Did I just hear someone call the Awesome Me an idiot?"

"Gil!" [Name] turned around in surprise, to see the albino grinning in earnest. "Finally!"

"I knew you'd miss me!" His ruby red eyes danced with mirth, before his expression turned a bit more serious.

[Name] was worried.

"[Name], I have something to ask you..." He began, making her eyes widen in shock. "Will you-"

"I love you Gil!" She burst out. "But we're too young to get-"

"Wait!" Gilbert put an icy cold hand on her shoulder. "I'm not going to propose to you. Not yet. Now hold on. I was going to ask you if you would wear this." He held up a small ring. It wasn't anything to fancy, just a band of platinum. "This is a promise ring. Just so you know-"

[Name] didn't let him finish. She mustered up all the love and affection that she could, and kissed him.

12:00; January 1, 2015

"I love you."

———————————————————————————————————————

I hope you liked it. Sorry for putting it out so late.

In other news, please don't send in any requests. I find myself unable to write anything properly at the moment (kinda like Writer's Block), so...yeah.

~beingawesome

*I accidentally typed in 'grazie', which completely escaped my notice. Thanks to @auroraborealis for pointing that out!