Detention-Saver ~ England

You sighed miserably as your physics teacher, Mr. Booger declared it was time to test how much you had learnt.

‘Why am I even here?’ You thought. ‘I did nothing to deserve detention!’

Oh yes. You were in detention. Why? You didn’t understand 2 questions on a worksheet, so you had left them unanswered. Apparently, according to Mr. Booger, it was impossible for a student to have queries.

   There were two other students in detention with you; Alfred Jones, the school jock, and Ivan Braginski, the psychopathic Russian. They weren’t really paying attention to what Mr. Booger was saying, mainly because they kept shooting hate-filled glances at each other.

“Ms. [Last Name]…” You were broken out of your trance by Mr. Booger, who towered over you, eyes almost as insane as Ivan’s. “Why don’t you volunteer for the demonstration?”

‘Oh, hell no!’ You wanted to shout. However, you couldn’t do much but obey.

   You stood up, and reluctantly allowed him to pull you to the front of the class.

“Now, Ms. [Last Name], do you remember the electron structure of a calcium atom?”

I know this one!’ You thought desperately. ‘Something with 8…’

“ I see…you have not been paying attention Ms. [Last Name]…”

He gave you a dark look.

“Are you so stupid that you do not know the electron structure of a calcium atom  is 2, 8, 8 and 2?” He began softly, murky brown eyes glistening evilly. “I made a good decision when I didn’t put you in the Advanced Physics class-“

“-You did that!” You were pretty pissed off now. You were actually good at Physics, until you found you had not been sorted into the Advanced Physics class, and your grades began to drop.

Alfred and Ivan still weren’t paying attention, only this time, Ivan was staring out the window, and Alfred was doodling something in the back of his book.

“Yes I did.” Mr. Booger replied nastily. “There’s nothing you can do about it anyways.”

   As much as you hated to admit it, it was true.

Your parents wouldn’t believe you; they’d probably say you were making up excuses as to why you weren’t in Advanced Physics.

Your other teachers all greatly respected him for some reason, most probably because he taught at the school longer than anybody else had. Due to that respect, they wouldn’t believe you either.

Your principal…he was out of question. He only believed what kids told him if their parents backed them up. Unfortunately for you, your parents would most likely do the opposite.

Unable to draw up anyway you could make someone believe you (apart from a few students), you settled for glaring resentfully at Mr. Booger.

He smirked, knowing he had won. “I believe that means you’ll have to do whatever I ask of you…unless, of course, you want to be kicked out of the Physics class…”

Your eyes widened as the implications of what he said hit you. “N-no…”

“Oh yes.” His voice dropped down to a whisper, in case Alfred heard (after all, he did have a strong hero complex).

As Mr. Booger stalked towards you, your eyes darted to the door.

‘What am I going to do?’ You sobbed inwardly.