~Iceland

[B/F/N]= Best Friend Name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Name] tried not to giggle.
She was not like those crazy fan girls. She was a normal, sophisticated and cultured...oh, who was she kidding!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" She squealed, barely being heard over the uproar created by the forming crowd. "WE FINALLY GET TO MEET HIM!"
"Why am I here?" The mumble that left [B/F/N]'s mouth was barely audible, but [Name] heard it, clear as day.
"What do you mean by that?" At her height of [height], she loomed well over [B/F/N]. The murderous face didn't really help [B/F/N] out.
"I'm sorry!" She squeaked. "Lesson learnt, yet again! 'Never insult a fandom in front of a (rabid) fan girl!'"
Luckily for her, [Name] didn't hear the 'rabid' part...else, [B/F/N] would forever be remembered as the crazy idiot who met her death by crossing a fan girl.

Not a pleasant thought.

[Name] stood on her tiptoes, craning her neck anxiously for a glimpse of the celebrity: Emil Steilson. He was a famous author; famous, because of his sarcastic dialogue and dark themed characters. Add to that, very...err, attractive characters, and well...yes, famous.

[Name], in particular was enticed by Caleb Nielsen, a Danish-American side character who was both impossibly loud and incredibly perceptive. He didn't sound that bad looking either, but...

[Name] was not here for Caleb Nielsen, no matter how good-looking he was.

She was here for Emil Steilson.

If anyone ever even mentioned his name to [Name], they'd be signing their own death warrants. When started on the topic of Emil Steilson, [Name] never stopped...

Ever.

'What was it, that made her so dedicated to him?' You may ask. Well...you may want to get comfortable. It's a bit  of a long story.

The first time [Name] heard of Steilson was when she was at a bookstore. Obviously. She was quite young at the time...around 15 years old, or so? Okay, maybe she wasn't that young. Still, a period of 5 years is a long time, especially for a dedicated fan.

Now, [Name] was your general teenager. She read what everyone thought was 'cool': General Winter's Guidance, a crack book written by one Alfred F. Jones who apparently hated Russians, and The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth*. She wasn't really interested in them though; there was no thrill in reading about the characters and their stories. There was no plot twist. Everything was way too obvious, and if it wasn't, random people ruined it for her. The characters were too perfect...there was no sense of humanity in them, no flaws...

And then, she saw a book. Plain, right?

Well, to her, the book looked perfect. A nice, dark hardcover bound well together at the spine; unperceivable yet so magnetic that it made [Name] want to cry.

One glance at the summary, and she was firmly planted in the boat that was set for Emil Steilson's Wonderland.

It was his first book, that one: The Escapee. [Name] had to agree that it wasn't the best name to grace the Earth, but the content made up for it.

The story took place during the Cold War. It was, basically, historical fiction, written about an American soldier who didn't quite agree with how the American government was interfering in Vietnam, but still yearned to serve his country. The descriptions were vivid and breathtaking: [Name] was hooked.