page thirty-one;

Cristiano

15 hours I sat on that hard chair. 15 hours I did not sleep.

The doctor promised to come back with answers..2 hours ago.

When Nicolas called me I was so scared. My adrenaline rushed as if I just finished running a 1000k sprint.

I sent Nicolas to Marcelo's home. Nicolas and his son Enzo were such best friends, he was there all the time.
I stood up immediately. The movement of her fingers were her first movement in 15 hours.

My hands curled around hers gently squeezing it in support.

Her eyes fluttered opened staring right into my own, my heart did a leap. "he- hey" it felt as if there was a lump in my throat.

"cristiano." She whispered. "where are we?"

Two faint knocks interrupted us. I tried to swallow the lump down. The door opened and in came the doctor. Finally.

"You are awake, and just in time." He shut the door behind him. He walked around to the foot of the bed with his clipboard. "We ran tests and all results came back that you were highly stressed. You should rest, you don't want to risk anything with the baby especially at such an early stage."

I felt guilty. I knew me and Sergio might have hand something to do with the stress. We were too selfish and we didn't recognize the impact it was causing on her.

"We advise you stay home for a few days before going back to work just so you can get the rest you need." He looked up at me. "Are you her partner?"

I ran my tongue over my lips. "Yeah."

"I say you take a few days off too and take care of her. If you need any doctors notes for work, just let Esmeralda at the front desk know" he said.

-----