Chapter 1

Return of a Hero
Chapter 1
Wally West POV

It had been a year since the invasion happened. I died saving everyone since .. My decreased speed caused the excess energy siphoning off the weapon to target my body and battered me to nothing. .. The pain was excruciating to experience. I was disintegrated into the vortex. In the place I call heaven, I watched the pain Artemis was experiencing. It tore me to pieces to not see her and to not be there when she needed me most. Death was peaceful, quiet and bearable. They buried an empty coffin for me. I looked at my gravestone and broke down.
"Why me....... Why couldn't I of been fast enough?!!!" I kicked the stone even though I was technically a ghost. I shouldn't of helped them. I should've stayed with her. I knew I was too slow. A light shown on my and I squinted trying to block it out. What's happening? I thought to myself and a sharp pain entered my body. I screamed out slid my hands through my hair trying to block out whatever it was. A chanting echoed and I looked around confused. The light seemed to of consumed me somehow. Everything changed after that.

5 months before.
Artemis POV

I was sitting on my bed staring down at a photo of me and Wally. I was to numb to cry anymore for him. It's been seven months since he died on me. I should move on but, I felt to broken to try. I heard my doorbell ring and I stood walking over to the front door. I opened it to see a girl I've met before. Her purple hair and jewel in the middle of her forehead made her notice the woman easily.
"Hi Artemis. Long time no see. I uh.. I need your help." The girl spoke.
I nodded. "Come in Raven." I stepped aside and she walked in as I closed the door. I didn't like being here but I couldn't afford to move. It smelled like Wally here. Not easy to get over now. Raven sat on the couch and I joined her.
"What do you need help with?" I asked.
She frowned. "A friend of mine has been taken. I didn't know who else to run to and you're an archer so I..."
I cut her off. "I'll help you. Let me suit up." I rose and walked to my room getting into my suit. I put my mask on and grabbed my bow with the quiver. When I came back in the livingroom, Raven was looking at a picture of Wally.
"Who's this Artemis?" She looked at me.
"Wally... He's my boyfriend. Was... My boyfriend." I looked away. She noticed my discomfort.
"He's gone...isn't he."
I nodded and started to leave. She looked at the picture and a thought came to mind. She almost smiled at what she can do as a thank you for the help. She turned and followed me out.
After about four days of helping her to successfully get her friend back, I returned home and changed out of my outfit. I haven't spoke to the team in a while and I have to admit. I miss them... A lot. I turned in for the night for another terrible dream that had me crying through the night.

A day later
Raven POV

I pulled on my hood and walked into the cemetery looking for the name Wally. I spotted the tombstone and read it off in my head.
Here lies, Wallace "Wally" Rudolph West. Perfect teammate. Perfect partner. Perfect boyfriend. Will be genuinely missed by all. May he rest in peace. November 11, 1994 - June 20, 2016. I frowned and saw the flowers around the tombstone. This was going to be a great gift and thank you for Artemis. It will take a lot time and power to do it. I have to try.

2 months later

I chanted the spell that I've learned to bring back a lost one. My eyes glowed as the picture of Wally started to glow as well. I passed my conscious to the afterlife and my light shined on him. It was weird to see him and be on the other side. I am a demon after all. I grabbed him by the arm saying nothing. My chanting continued as his body reformed itself in the empty coffin that was buried. I finished the spell and groaned blacking out.
You're welcome. Artemis.

Present time
Wally POV

I gasped for air and my green eyes opened. I looked around trembling noticing I was in a coffin.
"What....." It was dark and I couldn't breathe that well. I managed to make my way out of the ground after two hours of trying. My yellow and red suit was covered in dirt and the fresh air hit me like a brick and I laid on the grave for a moment.
I'm alive... How is this possible? I might be dreaming. This must be a plain dream.
It wasn't though. I just told myself to believe it.

(The end for now. Came to mind after I posted the sad video of his death. I am a big fan of Wally and it was stupid they killed him off. So I made this. His return. I know. It sucks. )