Chapter 3

Return of a Hero
Chapter 3
Wally West POV

I woke the next day tangled in the arms of my girlfriend. Artemis slept quietly and her legs were wrapped around mine under the covers. I groaned softly and managed to detangle myself from her successfully. I pulled on some boxers and a pair of sweats starting to walk out of the room. It was morning. I hate morning. I strolled into the kitchen and pulled out some stuff for breakfast.
I cooked for Artemis since she deserves it. I made eggs, bacon, hash browns and some toast. I managed to set the table and laid the food out on the plates. I heard footsteps getting closer and I looked up to see Arty wearing my T-shirt. She walked over and wrapped her arms tightly around me.
"Good morning Baywatch." She smiled and kissed my neck.
"Morning babe. Breakfast is served." I kissed her forehead and she pulled away to take a seat. I put the ketchup on the table before I took my seat. We started eating quietly not really having much to say. I've been gone for a while and now I'm back.. Alive and it was a shock to my family and of course, Artemis.
"Wally?" She spoke softly breaking the silence between us.
"Yes?" I looked at her. Her face seemed to of brightened since I first saw her again yesterday.
"I'm glad you're back. I'm curious to know how this happened but... I'm thankful to have you with me."
I reached for her hand and brought it to my lips leaving a kiss on her palm.
"I'm happy to be back."
"You know... The team will have to know you're alive. They will wonder why I'm so full of a life again. Come with me today." She smiled at me. I couldn't say no to her. I nodded and she seemed to giggle getting up from her seat. Her arms snaked around me and she placed kisses all over my face. I laughed and pulled her onto my lap wrapping my arms around her. She blushed as our faces were inches apart. I leaned in kissing her lips. She deepened it and I felt her slide her hands through my hair gently tugging on it.
When it broke, we looked at each other for a moment. No one spoke. We just stared into each others eyes. She kissed my cheek and giggled.
"We should get ready to go. Dick is expecting me." She hopped up and walked off to our bedroom purposely swaying her behind since she knew I was staring. I softly laughed at her a stood cleaning up the kitchen. She walked out in her Tigress suit and pointed to the bedroom so I can get dressed.
"Okay. I'll get ready in a minute." I wiped the table down and she stopped me.
"You should get in your suit." She smiled. I shrugged.
"Arty. I gave my role to Bart. I'm no longer Kid Flash."
"But you can wear it still. Besides. I love how it looks on you."
I sighed. She won this time. I walked into our room and opened the chest where my suit laid there. I haven't seen in so long. I changed into it and brought a spare bag of clothes in case I needed it. I slipped on my boots and goggles before returning to her side.

We walked out hand in hand and locked the place up. She strolled over half dragging me to the car.
"You know I can run us there right?"
Artemis blushed and rubbed her arm. "I sorta forgot about that. Please do."
I smiled and picked her up bridal style. She kissed me and lowered my goggles over my eyes and held on to me as I sped off towards Blüdhaven. Artemis told me they had a scanner that lead them to watchtower there. I nodded and kept running. For some reason, it felt like I was going faster than usual. It was odd since I was slow compared to the other two but right now.. I was going faster than I did before. My yellow streak followed behind me and the people on the streets watched us go by.

We were in Blüdhaven about 20_ minutes later. I stopped at the entrance and set Arty back on her feet. She giggled and held my hand as we walked inside the warehouse. It was empty but there was still the homely stuff there. Wolf was laying on the couch fast asleep. We walked over to the zeta tube. Wolf woke and spotted us. He ran over to see Artemis and he fully recognized me. Next thing I know I have him pinning me down and licking me.
"Noo stopppppp. Wolf!!!! I missed you too buddy." I petted him and gently pushed him off me so I can stand. "I'll see you later boy. We can eat some nachos together." Wolf wagged his tail and nuzzled me and Arty before returning to the couch. The zeta beam scanned us.
Recognized, Tigress B07. Kid Flash B03

We ended up at the watchtower and it read off our names again.
Approaching, Tigress B07. Kid Flash B03
The team was there but when they heard my designation, the stood from where they were sitting and spotted me and Artemis walking hand in hand toward them. I lowered my hooded mask and took the goggles off. They all held shocked faces when they saw my face.
Nightwing has been back from him leave of absence which lasted only a year. His gaze met mine and Artemis went to join then. My best friend stood and took his mask off walking toward me. He hugged me tightly. I returned the hug and felt him crying on my shoulder. I teared up as I looked at the rest of the team. M'gann was crying happily and the other girls were as well. The boys were just utterly shocked.
"Wally... Is this really you?" Dick pulled away and looked at me. His blue eyes met my green ones.
"Yes man. It's me. As crazy as it sounds... I'm alive."
Dick looked like he was about to cry again.
"Don't cry, Dick." I pulled him in for another hug. Seeing my best friend like this tore me up. He was probably worse when I first passed away. Artemis smiled warmly at us as she tried to explain to the team what happened.

After I was caught up with all that happened. Bart pulled me aside. He wasn't in costume and he gave me a hug as well. I noticed he got taller. He was almost my height now.
"Welcome back Wally." He smiled.
"Thanks Bart."
"Soo.. I was thinking. Join us again? We all miss you out on the field with us. Three years and you're back. I'll step down to Impulse again. You were a better Kid Flash. I felt like a fraud the whole time I wore that suit. You shouldn't of died like that." His was voice broke a little as he was holding back tears. "Please join back with us. It's been to long without you."
I really wanted to retire again but Artemis has returned as Tigress. I thought for a moment and looked at him.
"I'll come back. Only if the team agrees."
Bart got happy and he hugged me again. I returned it and we joined the others.

This is home to me. Being with them. I'll be glad to see what happens next. I have some new skills to show Uncle Barry and Bart. I've got faster. It will soon be easy to show them when I return to my mantle as.
Kid Flash.
Wally out.
//
Stay tuned for Chapter 4.