Chapter 2

Return of a Hero
Chapter 2
Wally West POV

Star City's cold air caused me to shiver like crazy. I weakly tried to get to my feet only to fall face first back down to the ground. I winced still feeling the power from that weapon. I was soon finally on my feet. I wiped a little bit of dirt of my face and looked around. This place hasn't changed a bit. I coughed and started to walk out of the cemetery. I couldn't run since I was on low fuel which sucked. I used a wall to help me keep balance as I made it to the sidewalk. I wondered if Artemis still lived in our place that we retired to. My vision blurred as I took a few more steps.
Keep going Wally. You can do this. My mind was talking to me. Encouraging me to keep going. I was too weak though. I went to my knees and rubbed my eyes to try and clear them so I can focus. I leaned against the wall and softly groaned.
Whoever did this should've left me the way I was. I won't make it out here like this.
I looked over to see a young girl staring at me from across the street. She tugged on her mothers hand and she pointed at me.
"Mommy look. It's Kid Flash. He needs help." The child pulled her mother along as she approached me. Her mom knelt to me.
"Hi, Kid Flash. Would you like some help?" She sounded worried. I knew she was concerned for me. I weakly nodded before blacking out on the sidewalk.

I woke to the sun shining in my eyes. I looked around to see I was in that child's home. She was sitting next to me with a smile.
"Good morning. My mom is making breakfast. She said after you eat you may go back to Flash." She stood and giggled running to the kitchen. I watched her go and questioned. Sitting up, I realized I didn't feel dizzy anymore.
"Breakfast. Come and eat." The mother shouted from the kitchen.
I stood and walked to the table. A plate of food was sitting there for me. I sat down just as the mother was walking to take her seat.
"Why were you running around that late at night?" She looked at me.
"Late night exercise. I just burned to much fuel and got weak." I lied. She nodded and her daughter started talking.
"We have spare clothes for you Mr. Kid Flash." Her mother cut her off.
"We do. You may shower and head off after you eat something. You can even put those goggles on in case you don't want us to see your identity." She smiled warmly at me.
"Thank you so much." I smiled as well and we all began eating.

After my meal and shower, I said my goodbyes to the family and told them I'll visit when I can. I put my suit in a bag and walked out onto the sidewalk. It was bright outside then again I haven't seen the sun in years. I held the bag and used my free hand to put in my pocket as I walked to Barry's. He should know I'm alive. I stopped when I saw my grandparents walking out of the house. I hid my face until they drove off and then walked to the front door knocking. My mother was the one to open it.
"Who is....." Her eyes widened and a glass dropped from her hand shattering onto the floor. "Wally?"
My eyes watered and I gave her a half smile. "Hi mom."
She started crying and pulled me close giving me a tight hug. I hugged her back starting to cry as well. I looked up to see my dad. Barry and Iris were there as well, very shocked to see me. After my Mon released me she pulled me inside and closed the door. My father was the next to hug me. He wasn't crying but his eyes were watering up.
"You're alive. Thank the heavens for this." He whispered and his voice was breaking since he was avoiding the waterworks.
"How's this possible?" Barry spoke up just as my father released me.
"I don't know. I saw this light, heard chanting and next thing I know I was waking up in a coffin." I tried to explain the best I could.
"Someone revived you? How is that...." Iris placed a hand over her mouth.
"I'm still trying to figure that out. I didn't know anyone who knows how to bring people back. Seems my body reformed somehow." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Where's Artemis? Is she still at our place?"
Barry nodded. "She couldn't afford to move. She's been with her mother a lot but I'm sure she is there now."
I nodded and gave everyone hugs.
"I promise I'll be back here to see you all. I have a girlfriend to get back to right now."
My parents hugged me and my mother placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Be safe Wally. This is a miracle. Be home tonight."
I nodded. "I will." I place my suit on the chair. Barry knew it was my suit and he picked the bag up. I left the house and sped off towards my old place that I shared with Artemis.

Once I reached the front door, I opened it and headed up the stairs to our apartment number. I hesitated but I knocked on the door. I knew someone was inside because of the footsteps approaching the door. I heard the locks get unlocked and the door opened. A blonde woman with dark eyes started looking at me. They widened and she took a step back with her hands over her mouth.
"Artemis....." I looked at her.
She started to shed some tears. "Wally..... You can't be real... You died. It's been three years. This isn't real..." She broke down and fell to her knees. I caught her in my arms. "This is real. Trust me I said that all night." She looked up at me and place a hand on my cheek..
"How???"
"I don't know Arty. I was wondering the same thing." I placed my hand over hers. She smiled and pressed her lips to mine kissing me deeply. I returned the kiss and wrapped my arms around her. I missed this. I missed her. I missed everything.

Once the kiss broke, me and her were both catching our breaths. She stood and I got to my feet as well. I walked inside and she closed the door. Looking around I saw nothing changed. Everything was just as we left it.
"I haven't changed a thing. It was the only memory I can keep." She wrapped her arms around me placing her head against my chest. I held her close.
"I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere. I promise. I'm here to stay." She smiled, a smile so beautiful, I could melt from it. I don't want to leave her again. That will tear me to pieces.
"I love you Wally. So much." She met my gaze.
"I love you more that no word can describe it." I thought that was pretty cheesy but I kissed her lips and we shared a passionate kiss entangling into each others arms. What happened after that. I won't get into details. Wait till the next chapter. Wally out.

(End of Chapter 2)