Chapter 4

Return of a Hero
Chapter 4
Wally West POV

It had about a week since my come back. I really didn't want Bart to give up the role I gave him. He deserved it but.. It was his choice. Since I knew me and Arty won't be retiring soon, then maybe later when do I can give back the KF role. We were on the mission to take down the rest of light members since the reach is gone and the warworld is gone as well. We had a lead on Queen Bee. She was in Gotham City for some reason. The team was dismissed and we were on our own now. I was in Beta with Rocket, Nightwing and Wonder girl. I pressed the bolt on my chest getting into stealth mode. The three were on motorcycles and I was running at their side.
"Kid. Go on ahead and scan the area for guards. We need to hide these bikes." Nightwing looked at me. I nodded and picked up my pace running faster. The three looked at me in shock as I had gotten faster. I saw the warehouse up ahead and went off the road sliding to a stop. I went low and headed to the bushes. My hands went to my goggles and I turned them on. A red glow showed as I scanned the area for anyone out and about. My goggles picked up nothing but footprints. Unless these guys are not really appearing on my sensors buy they are there. I heard breathing close to me and turned my goggles off. I felt something clamp around my neck turning on. I attempted to speed off but it wasn't working. I looked down to see a collar on me. I felt it beep and next thing I know I'm being electrocuted. I cried out in pain and fell to the floor trying to get it off. I think that alerted the team. Nightwing and Wondergirl started to take out the guys as they were running out. The man zapped me again with the collar. I cried out once more and fell unconscious.
The big guy dragged me into the warehouse by the collar of my suit. I was flinching from the electricity running through me still. Rocket noticed the guy taking me away.
"Nightwing. We have a problem."
My best friend looked up and growled. He ran after us and threw a stick at the big guy. The man dropped me and approached Dick. He grabbed the hero and threw him into a pile of crates.
"Amateurs. Don't know when to give up." He walked back and grabbed Te collar of my suit continuing to drag me inside.
Wondergirl and Rocket finished off the guards before running over to Nightwing. He groaned as he stumbled to his feet.
"We need to get covert and stealthy now. Split up team. Keep communication to a minimum. Once we spot Queen Bee, we call the others to make their move." The girls nodded and the three of them split up.
The man tossed me into a cage and laughed. "I hate speedy people."
Queen Bee laughed and approached the cage. "Good work. He would be great bait." She smirked and knelt to me. "Wake up you brat." She smacked me.
I groaned and woke moving away with a small yelp when I saw her. "Heh heh. Hi Queen Bee. How's it going?"
She hit the cage. "Shut up boy. Zap him again." The man pressed the button holding it down and a shock went through me. I cried out and my hands went to the collar. Queen Bee signalled him to stop. The man removed his finger from the button and I took a deep breath twitching a little. "My team will lock you up in Belle Reve. You won't escape there either." The man pushed the button again making me scream in pain. Queen Bee was amused by this. She stood and walked away. Nightwing found his way in and heard my scream. He narrowed his eyes and ran off in my direction. He was getting reckless now. He jumped down onto the big man and zapped him with the two sticks in the neck.
"How does that feel?!!!" The man screeched in pain and Dick kicked him in the face bringing him down. He opened the cell I was in and took the collar off me. I groaned with my vision blurring on me.
"Wally. Wake up." Dick was nudging my shoulder. "Alpha. Gamma. Get in position. Wally is down. Strike now. We are bringing in Queen Bee." The teams responded one by one and made their attack on the warehouse. "Damnit man." He picked me up across his shoulders and started walking in a safe direction towards the exit.
"I'll get you out of here buddy." Dick was talking in a soft voice. I groaned and opened my eyes taking a glance around.
"No... No I can walk." I dropped myself off his shoulder with my legs giving out from under me. I stood and Dick put my arm over his shoulder.
"Lean on me you stubborn ginger."
I laughed softly. "You know me so well." I leaned on him as we made it out. The team was struggling a little to take down Queen Bee's men. A woman in purple flew over head and fired black orbs at the group of enemies. Tigress seemed to look up and recognize her instantly. 'Raven?.' She thought to herself. She flew towards Queen Bee her eyes glowing. Raven fired more orbs at her until one hit woman injuring her. Queen Bee was down. Tigress ran to the demon's side.
"What are you doing here?" She looked at Raven.
"No reason." There was one. She was there to see how I was feeling. She lowered her hood and team thanked her for the help. "No problem guys." She pulled her hood back on and flew off spotting the yellow speedster with Nightwing. She landed once more. Dick noticed her. "Rae?"
"Dick?" Raven gave him a light hug and looked me. "Hello Wally."
I looked at her. "Uhh.. Who are you?"
"I'm Raven. I uhh helped you come back."
I felt my best friend tense up. "You.. That was you I saw in the light chanting?" I was shocked.
"Yes. I did it for Artemis since she helped me save my best friend. Life for a life."
Dick was shocked. "You brought him back? How?"
"I'll explain later. I'm not staying too long though. My team will miss me."
Nightwing nodded. Conner had brought Queen Bee in with them as they entered the bio ship. Some left on the motorcycles following behind.

After dropping Queen Bee off at Belle Reve. The teams headed back to the Blüdhaven hideout so they can head to the watchtower. Once we arrived there, we all took a seat on the couches and we looked at Raven. She took a seat as well and cleared her throat.
"Hello new people I haven't met. You guys need to know something." She looked at all of us. Artemis moved to sit by her side. "I brought your speedster back."
The team looked shocked and they looked at me. "Don't look at me."
"Artemis helped me save my friend's life. I returned the favor and well.. You guys see him." She handed Arty a picture. "Here. I borrowed this." Artemis saw it was a small picture of me. She smiled and looked at her.
"You did it?" Tigress questioned. She took her mask off and gave Raven a big hug. She seemed to be crying and saying thank you in a low voice. Dick looked at me with a smile and wrapped an arm around me for a half of a hug. I returned the favor. The team thanked Raven and she smiled at us.

After she had left, it was good to know who brought me back. I didn't really get a visual on who did it so fog has cleared there. The team just looked at me.
"What? You guys are weirding me out." I took my goggles off and raised an eyebrow. This was getting awkward.
"Don't worry about it Wally. We are glad to have you back. You meant a lot to this team since you are a founder." Kaldur spoke up and smiled.
"Thanks. I do feel weird being back in this suit." I looked at the yellow outfit I'm wearing. "Is that wrong?"
"It's not. You just need to break it in again."
I rubbed my neck and sighed. "Okay. I guess you're right."
Wow...
First mission since I've been back and I was captured. How embarrassing. Well good news is.. I found out the person behind my return. Big plus. I need to up my game... A lot in order to not let the team down..
I am Kid Flash after all
Wally Out.
[End of Chapter 4]