| 9 | A New Beginning

Clarines castle 9:00 am

Zen and I were alone in the room together. There was only an eerie silence to be heard. I was going to get scolded, the worst that could happen is I could be sentenced to life in jail by treason again royalty. I hope that doesn't happen, Kiki and Mistuhide said he was a kind prince so it shouldn't be to bad. I'm not sure if he's angry at me or observing me, either way he's staring at me intently. When he broke the silence it was pure heaven but I was still scared on what he was going to say.

"I have a few matters to discuss with you" "first let me get this straight" "You sneaked passed the border of Tanbarun, which is illegal, fought my friends and could've potentially injured them"

'tch' I rolled my eyes at his statement. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble but they were the first ones to pull their sword on me and not only that but I'm the one who got injured" I pointed to my back. He looked at me in surprise but kept on going with what he was saying.

"anyway you found the castle in Clarines  to see your friend and even went as far as to fighting me just to see her, even though you're injured" Zen sighed and got up from his chair, he started walking towards me. I was scared but I didn't show it, I couldn't show it, I wouldn't move.

"I admire your loyalty to Shirayuki and how much of your courage you showed towards me when fighting" Zen started to laugh. "I haven't had an honest fight in a while"

"Honestly, I wouldn't have fought you if I knew you were the one who found Shirayuki" I said looking down at my feet in a guilty manor. Zen placed one of his hands on my shoulder reassuringly.

"You're welcome to stay here in Clarines, it would be my honour to have a such a good swordsman in my town" Zen said as he passed me a flyer. I inspected the flyer, it was an advertisement for an event.

"Shirayuki told me that you were a blacksmith for Tanbarun" "We're having a scouting event to see who can make the best sword" "All of Clarines armour and weapons are shipped to us by boat, that costs us a great deal of money, if we had one here in Clarines it would be a lot easier, so are you interested miss F/N L/N?" Zen asked before he left the room.

"yeah, it could work" I said to myself, as Zen left the room you took one more glance at him and smiled, he smiled back. It was a warm and kind smile, a smile I could get used to.

3rd Person POV (I think???)

You walked out of the gates and formally apologised to the guards and thanked them for letting you into the castle this time round. Although it would take a lot more than an apology to make it up to them. You told Clarissa about the flyer and she was so happy for you. She prepared a feast for the three of you (including her granddaughter).

A big feast was in front of you and a happy family. I'm starting anew here in Clarines. This will be my new town, my new family, a new beginning, my new beginning.