| 21 |

I woke up surprisingly not on the couch but on a bed, a bed with soft silk sheets and poofy pillows. I recall that I had fallen asleep on the couch though, I looked beside me. My face went red, I started to shake. I know how I got here now, Zen must've carried me to his bed. Why would he do that?! I pulled the sheets off me and tip toed out of the bed. Now I'm going to have to get out of the castle without looking like I had just woken up, that's going to be hard. I stretched my arms and yawned, sleeping in that bed was worth it even though it is sort of a crime sleeping with a prince who you aren't engaged to or not having a higher enough status.

"Did you sleep well" My face was presently red as I turned around to see Zen awake and sitting up in his bed cross legged. He smirked mischievously at me, is he teasing me?

"do you think I could sleep in a bed as squishy as that one" I folded my arms and looked away from him.

"Really? I think you're lying" "you should've seen yourself last night, I wasn't planning on making any contact with you but you cuddled up to me like a teddy bear" He stood up and pinched my cheeks. I slapped his hands off.

"Yo-you're lying" "I-I would never d-do something like that"

"I wouldn't lie to you" "it was cute, you were cold so you hugged me"

"shut up about it would you, I need to get out of here and back to work"

"so soon, I was hoping we could do some more exploring together today" Zen pouted

Together?

"well if you real want to, guess I could do it after some work" I scratched the back of my neck, my cheeks still red. "but you have to do your desk work otherwise we won't go anywhere" It would be better if both of us got some wok done. I hate to procrastinate because we should focus on the on the intruder who threatened me yesterday with the dagger and the note. Zen might think he has it under control but I can't help not worrying about him, I don't want him hurt or Shirayuki or Mitsuhide. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of my presence here in the castle.

Zen and I snuck outside of his room without anyone noticing thank fully and I could make it to the medical room without being noticed either. I got changed into my work clothes and immediately got to work.

~*~ After Work ~*~

I wiped the sweat off my brow and huffed in exhaustion, before I see Zen I should probably clean myself up. I can't remember precisely where Zen's office is but I can sort of remember the directions from when I first met him days ago. I came up to some big doors, this looked about right. I knocked, and heard a faint 'just wait a second'. I stood away from the doors and politely waited, a girl with blonde hair and a silk dress walked past me slightly glaring along the way, her eyes were red from tears. Not only that but she looked high of nobility. I wonder what business she had with Zen in the first place, I walked in slowly keeping an eye on the girl walking behind me.

"Zen what was that all about?" Zen walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"thank god you're here" "I was about to die of boredom" "death by paperwork"

"by the looks of things you weren't doing paper work" I broke away from the hug even though I didn't really want to for obvious reasons. "who was she?" "and why was she crying, did you do something to her" I getting ready to slap him in the face. He put his hands in from of him defensivly.

"No, I did nothing to her" "she was giving me an offer to marry with her family so Clarines could have more money and wealth"

"She was asking you to marry her?"

"yes so our families could share resources" "her name in Lady Akira and her family is high of nobility in her kingdom overseas" "If I were to marry her then we would share supply's and money" "but I'm not into that sort of thing, I already have my eye on one woman in the kingdom" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). A slight shade of pink dusted his cheeks, my heart slightly cracked at the words, he's already in love. With who? I want to know who he wants to marry.