I'm Fine. I Promise

Sakura's POV

Darkness surrounds me...I was sure everything was perfect...I was sure everything was fine...It was....Was it?...I don't know anymore...

"Mom! MOM!" I heard Sarada's say. I couldn't respond, my body went numb. I guess I couldn't take it anymore. Pain and regret took me over. So this is what you felt all along....Naruto...

Naruto's POV

I got home. It was peaceful and tranquil. There's nothing that could top this. Although...there is a blank space inside of me...but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyways, I have my wife, my kids, my title as Hokage, and my friends...but that empty space just keeps plucking at me...messing with me.

"DAAAAAAAADDD! HIMAWARI TOOK MY HEADBAND!" Yelled Boruto. "Just let her borrow it son." I said as I let out a sigh.

"Are you listening to yourself old man? Borrowing is for fake ninjas, I'm a SHINOBI!" I flinched as Boruto kept yelling at me. I sighed and motioned him to sit next to me. "Son, don't you want to be a Hokage like your old man someday?" Boruto expression changed from annoyed to even more annoyed. "Hokage are for wimps, hmph, why would I wanna be a wimp?! That chic Sarada wants to be Hokage. Pff.. As if!" I glared at him as he referred to Sarada as a chic and not believing in her. "Boruto you don't understand what it's like to be Hokage! Having a dream like that is wonderful and I won't let you talk smack about someone else's dream!" Boruto glanced at me for a second then went back to his stubborn expression. Then he left without a word.

I looked up at the stars and decided to take a walk, when I heard a scream and a little girl with red-rimmed glasses and jet black hair running my way. She had tears in her eyes and a look of horror on her face. I asked her what happened and she replied," M-my Mom! S-she's unconscious! Help me Hokage! Please!" I told her to lead me there and I couldn't believe my eyes...she looked familiar... I felt that I needed to help her and quick.

I picked her up bridal-style and led her out the door while the little girl followed behind me as fast as she could. I hurried to the hospital and the gave her a room. I saw Shizune push past the nurses and shake her head in disappointment. "Not again." She said like it normally happened. She glanced at me and said,"Naruto thank you for taking her here, but you really didn't have to." I looked at the girl and back at Shizune and asked her,"Why shouldn't have I? And what's wrong with her?" She sighed and said,"We'll this happens a lot actually. This happens mostly because of stress. She'll be fine in an hour or two, also if you don't mind could you have me the moist towel behind you?" I nodded and handed her the towel. "If you don't mind, may I stay her, ya know to look after the kid for a while." I said making sure I flashed a smile. She raised an eyebrow and gave me a look and said,"We'll, help yourself Hokage-sama." Then she took off the gloves and walked away.

The girl looked at me and said,"Thank you very much Hokage-sama!" Then she bowed and offered me some money. I gently pushed her hand away and told her,"It was my pleasure sweetie, no need to thank me at all." I said as I gave her a genuine smile. She looks at me and wiped the remaining tears from her eyes and said,"I'm such a fool, I shouldn't be crying in front of the Hokage, I'm such a baka, oh who am I kidding, I'll never become Hokage like this!" I remembered what Boruto said to me and I foolishly asked,"Hey, is your name Sarada by any chance? " she looked at me in shock and said,"H-how'd you know my name?" I smiled at her and patted her head."A little birdy told me!" She smiled at me and chuckled a little. "Where's your Father?" She looked gloomy all of a sudden when I mentioned her Father. "Y-you don't have to answer, it was a silly question ttebayo!" I said nervously while scratching the back of my head nervously. I didn't mean to offend the little girl.

"No worries, it's ok. Well the truth is I never met him. Mom said he's on a special important mission somewhere and he'll come back soon." She looked at the floor but then lifted her head and said happily, "Don't worry though! Wherever he is I know he loves us! My mom says as no matter how far he is our love stretches as far as the Galaxy would go!" She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. "What's your mom's name by the way?"

"Oh her name is Sa—" She stopped as her mother called her name."Sarada!" She ran to her and hugged her."Mom I was so worried!" Her mom gave her a smile and looked at me, and when she did her expression turned rather terrified as if she saw her worst nightmare. I politely gave her my hand and said,"Pleased to meet you I'm Naruto Uzumaki dattebayo!" Her eyes filled with tears and she grabbed her daughters arm and ran off.

I stood there wondering if I offended her in some way. I guess she was nervous but something doesn't seem right....

Sakura's POV

I woke up immediately looking for Sarada. I went outside and hugged her. Then I looked up and I saw him...I didn't know what to do. I froze up and all I could of was that I had to leave like now!

"Mom! Where are we going!" Sarada yelled. I ignored her comment and continued to run. He wasn't chasing us but all I could do is run. My mind didn't tell me otherwise so I went with it.

We got home and I saw a figure in the living room. I grabbed my kunai from my pocket and turned on the light. I dropped my kunai and stood frozen in place. "S-sasuke-kun..."

I couldn't believe it...here...out of all places...why here?!

Dun Dun Dun! Cliff hanger lol! Keep an eye for next chapter!