Keep Watching Over Us

Naruto's POV

I woke up early and got dressed in an all black kimono. I walked to Sarada's room and knocked on the door. "Oh, I see you're already done." She gave a simple nod and walked past me. I grabbed her wrist gently. "Listen, I know you're bottling all these emotions inside " I opened my arms. "Go ahead. Do whatever you want. I'll be your stress doll."

She teared up and slapped me in the face. "It's all your fault! It's your fault! I hate you! I hate you so much!!" She kept slapping me and punching me. "I hate you!" She stopped and let the tears fall. "But...I know this won't bring my mom back..." She got off me and stared off. I patted her head. "Are you ready know?" She gave a sad smile. "Yeah.."

We headed of to the funeral. Parades of people gathered. I saw her parents in the distance. I still remember their faces when I told them their daughter died. It was brutal and hard. Even I had trouble telling them.

Jounin started carrying Sakura's casket down Konoha. A song started playing. Sakura blossom filled the sky. It was beautiful.

I went up to the podium. Clapping was heard all around. "We are gathered here today, to remember the death of a true hero, friend, a great shinobi, and lets not forget...a great Mother." I glanced at Sarada who hid behind her glasses.

"She was an amazing person. She was the type of person who would see you feeling down and give you a good smack across the face to keep your head up. She saved various of lives, she saved sadness, and grief, and families. I could go on forever about how amazing she was but, this day is all about her."

"I will officially pronounce this day as Sakura Day. Let's take a moment of silence to remember her glory and change in this shinobi world."

Everyone teared up. Konoha 11....well Konoha 10 did to. I closed my eyes and remembered a beautiful image of her. It was her smiling when we finally beat Kakashi-sensei's test. I smiled sadly and stripped a few of my tears. Konoha 10 went up to the stage, one by one, giving her a well deserved goodbye.

It noon. The ceremony ended. Everything went back as it was. Sarada still seemed sad. "Sarada come with me." She looked at me hesitantly but followed. I took her to The Fallen Shinobi Memorial. We looked at Sakura's grave. I smiled sadly.

"What do you remember about her?" Sarada looked at me then back at the carvings. "Everything...I even remember her happiness when I took my first steps. She said I had a bright memory every time I bring it up....She told me I had a mind like my dad when he was my age." She glared. "Now I feel like I'm a living memory of that demon."

"Don't say that. You mean way more to her." I smiled. "I dreamt about her last night. She was so beautiful in a white dress, kind of like the one she had on today. She was happy. She only talked about you and she just couldn't stop apologizing. Her last wish was you. " Sarada looked at me. "She told me to make you part of my family. Make you feel like you have a family. She felt like you never knew how it felt to have a family."

Sarada smiled. "Really? She said that?" I chuckled. "Yeah...I'm sure I wasn't hallucinating." She giggled. "I'm gonna tell you a little secret." She lifted and eyebrow curiously. "What is it?"

"I was in love with your Mom." A cool breeze blew when I mentioned that. Sarada's eyes widened. "Y-you were?!" I smiled.

"Hehe. Yeah I was. And ya know what? I'm actually proud of that. She was my motivation. She kept me going. Not to mention she saved my life so many times. I never stopped loving her though." Sarada looked sad all of a sudden.

"My mom loved you..." A chill went through my spine as if a ghost went through me. "S-she did?"

"She would always murmur something about a mistake she made. Or that she still loved 'him'. Although I never knew who him was...until now. She pushed her feelings away for Hinata's sake. She distanced herself from you so you'll be happy. Well, we all know how that went. Her love for you grew to strong, it cost her own life. Now she's gone."

I teared up. "And I was to stupid to realize it. It's all my fault!" Sarada put her hand on my shoulder. "Don't put it on yourself. My mom knew what she was doing. She always knows what to do." I looked at her. She wiped a tear of my face and gently slapped me. "Now its my responsibility to straighten you up."

I pulled her in a hug. She smiled. "Hokages don't cry." I chuckled and wiped my tears. "Your right."

I looked up at the sky. Pink lanterns started floating in the night sky. "The Lantern show! Dang it I forgot the lantern's!" Sarada smiled and pulled out two lantern's. "I knew you would forget." We each wrote a message on a card. Mine read:

Oi Sakura-chan! I hope your reading this one day. I'm with Sarada right now. She's a perfect replica of you. Every time I look at her your face always appears. I hope you saw your memorial. The whole village was there. Right now we are lighting the sky with lantern's with a message from all of us. This is your holiday. You will always be remembered. We all love you Sakura-chan... I...love you..keep watching over us. Make sure I'm doing ok! Ill meet you there someday Sakura-chan. With all the love.

~Uzumaki Naruto

Sarada's read:

Hey Mom. If your reading this, I'm with Naruto. We're at your memorial...remembering everything about you. I miss you. I promise I'll behave with Naruto. I'll pray every night making sure to say hello and telling you how my day was. I really wish you were here. We'll meet someday soon I hope. Love you Mom.

~Sarada

We released our lantern's, watching them fly in the sky....

'Till next time...Sakura-chan...'

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤The End❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Thank you for reading this story! I appreciate it sooooo much much. I know its a sad ending buuuuuuuut if you want a sequel, I'll make one. Just let me know k? Thank chu again! Lots of huggles for all!! Again thanks 2 just_a_girl1800My_smile_went_insanenot_a_girly_girlSaruma-chan chu all are AMAZING dattebayo!!And long live NaruSaku!❤ Liz