Chapter 1 - Truce

Beca's POV

We did it! We won The Worlds! I couldn't believe it. Chloe was ecstatic, we all were.

"I can believe we bet Das Sound Machine!" Emily beamed.

"We couldn't have done it without you newbie." Fat Amy smiled. Emily laughed.

"It wasn't just me, you guys were amazing." Emily said.

"Who's idea was it to hand out the flashlights?" I asked. Everyone shrugged.

"It was his." Jesse said as him and Benji walked backstage.

"Really?" Emily smiled brightly.

"Uh, ye- yeah. Jesse helped me hand them out b- but the idea was mine." Benji stuttered. Just then Emily ran and hugged him, almost making Benji fall backwards. She then lay a gentle kiss on his cheek, much to the shock of the rest of us. We all knew Benji liked her but we didn't know Emily liked him.

Suddenly, just as if to ruin the moment Chloe, Fat Amy and I noticed Kommissar, Pieter and the rest of Das Sound Machine approached us.

"Shit..." I mumbled. I vowed to myself I wouldn't pay anymore compliments to Kommissar.

"Ahh, Bellas." Kommissar smiled. Her smile was different, it wasn't full of competitiveness it was warm.

"What do you want?" Fat Amy snarled at DSM.

"We want to congratulate you." Kommissar smiled, her eye contact firmly placed on me. We were all confused. They wanted to congratulate us?

"Say what now." I blurted. I mentally face-palmed. 'What is happening to me?' I thought to myself.

"Like she said. We are here to congratulate you guys and apologise. We want to make a, eh what is it you Americans say again? Uhm..." Pieter said.

"A truce. We want to make a truce between DSM and the Barden Bellas." Kommissar continued. "What'd you say Bellas? Truce?" Kommissar put her hand out for me to shake. I turned and glanced at the other Bellas. Their facial expressions were all the same - shocked.

"Well German Goddess ---" Crap! I let it happen again.

"What did you call me Tiny Maus?" Kommissar interrupted me. I couldn't tell if I liked it when she called me that or not.

"Doesn't matter." I quickly stuttered. "Truce." I took hold of her hand and shook it.

"Very well then. So we were about to go out for drinks. Would you Bellas care to join us?" Pieter asked. I turned back around at the rest of the Bellas, who were very eager. Then I glanced at Benji and Jesse.

"One condition." I started.

"Yes Tiny Maus?" Kommissar smirked. I smirked back at her.

"Jesse and Benji come as well." I said, folding my arms. Pieter and Kommissar exchanged looks.

"Deal." Kommissar replied, at the exact moment however Pieter said "No deal." Kommissar glared at Pieter.

"You can't be serious." He whispered.

"I'm very serious. They would do the same." Kommissar nodded.

"Fine, they can come." Pieter growled. Emily happily hugged Benji's arm.

"Thanks Kommissar." I said, putting emphasis on her name. In doing so I earned a very stern glare from Pieter. Basically I got what I was aiming for.

"Tiny Maus, shall we go?" Kommissar asked.

"I believe we shall." I smirked. "Bellas and two Trebles. Let's go." Chloe and I linked arms as we all made our way the fancy bar next to our hotel, meaning we didn't need the bus. It was already 10:15pm when we arrived. Most of us were planning to just have a few drinks and then going, the rest were just planning on either not drinking or drinking 'till they pass out.

The pub was quite large and modern compared to most I had been to. (A.N- why'd I get deja vu writing that?) Everyone split into groups until Jesse, Fat Amy, Chloe, Kommissar, Pieter and I were left in a big group.

"Well I'll buy first rounds what's everyone want?" Jesse said, breaking ice as we sat at the table.

"Just a lemonade and tequila, thanks Jesse." Chloe smiled.

"I'll take that as well Jesse." I said.

"I'll have a Sex on the Beach cocktail. Thanks." Fat Amy said.

'I'll just take the same as Tiny Maus and the ginger one. Thank you." Kommissar said. I snickered as she referenced Chloe as the ginger one.

"I guess I'll take what Fat Amy is having, Jesse." Pieter sighed.

"So you do know my name!" Fat Amy said smugly. Pieter rolled his eyes and scoffed at her.

"Alright then, back in a sec." Jesse said awkwardly before heading up to the actual bar.

"I'll help." Pieter said. Yeah, he was gonna take some getting used to.

"Your boyfriend is somewhat sweet Tiny Maus." Kommissar commented.

"Yeah, he's a gentleman. So is yours, eh, kinda.." I said.

"Excuse me?" Kommissar questioned, then she realised what I meant. "Oh Pieter. You are mistaken Tiny Maus. Pieter and I are friends, we have been for years." Oops.

Kommissar's POV

"Sorry. I just thought..." Beca said. I respected her mistake. She was true about Pieter though. He was cold but having knowing him for a long time I knew why he was like that. His mum got arrested when Pieter was ten for abuse as she used to abuse Pieter. His father however, he didn't meet until his mum was put in jail but it turned out his father was the same as his mother and abused him so Pieter ran away when he was 15. He lived with me and my parents until he could live on his own and get his own apartment.

"So Kommissar, is there a special person in your life?" The ginger girl, Chloe asked. I froze. Remembering the one guy I loved. When I was sixteen I was in a relationship with a boy, Erik, I truly loved him and I thought he loved me too. We were happy for months but something about him changed when he found out that Pieter lived at my house. He started yelling at me, hitting me, punching me, kicking me. I had no idea why. Luckily I was able to hide it from my parents, Pieter however was different. He knew the signs especially after him going through it as well. When I finally admitted it to him Pieter went berserk at Erik and bet him up for me. He never bothered me again. Pieter couldn't stand to see anyone else go through what we went through.

"You okay Kommissar?" Beca asked as she placed her hand kindly on my shoulder.

"Uh yes. I'll be back in a second." I said before quickly running to the restroom.