~5~

-everyone's p.o.v.-

sitting around on the floor of the girls' dorm, everyone is still in shock.

"i can't believe it," hailz says.

"well, you don't really have a choice but to," dan tells her.

"ok so, let me get this straight," sj starts. " when someone rises you from the dead, on halloween, you only have that night to find true love?"

johnny nods.

"yep," joel confirms.

"and if you dont find your 'true love' then you go back to being dead until someone rises you again the next halloween?"

"yeah, basically," adam says.

"so, do you understand why we didnt want to tell you guys?" bradley asks.

hailz, elise, and SJ all nod.

"so, what do we do now?" elise wonders.

"we live the night just as we would've without this knowledge," dan shrugs.

"yeah, but how can we when we know that whether you live or die is literally up to us?" hailz asks, close to tears.

"why are you about to cry?" dan asks, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"because i never wanted to have to determine someone's worth," she answers.

"it is a very stressful thing for her," sj explains about her friend. "she is a very caring and emotional person."

"i can tell," dan chuckles. without a seconds hesitation, he leans in and kisses the cheek of hailz.

hailz blushes.

"i thought you said you dont blush," dan teases.

"you're the only exception," she smiles.

"so do all of you have to find true love?" elise asks.

"we have no clue," bradley shrugs.

"yeah, we never really got a handbook," adam says.

"hmpf," sj slouches.

"well do you at least know who has to fall in love?" hailz asks.

all the boys shake their heads. "nope."

"well, damn."

"well, instead of sitting here moping about it, how about we go party?" johnny suggests.

"you guys still need showers," sj smiles at him.

"is that an invitation?" he sends a wink her way.

sj giggles. "i wont be joining you, if that is what you mean."

johnny pouts." aww."

"let's go get showers then maybe we can find a halloween party to go to," adam says.

...

-hailz-

"so, how do you like dan so far?" elise asks me.

"who says i like him?"

"he makes you blush like crazy," she laughs.

"he does, doesnt he?" then i add, "what about you and joel?"

"he's cute," she scrunches up her nose and smiles.

"hey! is anyone going to ask me about johnny?" sj practically demands.

i throw a pillow at her. " what about you and johnny? we already know you two will hook up."

her jaw drops in disbelief. "heeeey! so not fair."