Honeymoon Phase

Hello! A little mini chapter for all of you saying there haven't been enough Inayah and Yusuf moments :P Happy new year! 

Vote and comment xx

I got home just in time for dinner. Yusuf was at the gym with Ayaan apparently so I got to catch up with everyone before he got home. When his car pulled up, Zinat bhabhi told me to run upstairs to our room. I did as told and closed the door behind me.

His room had changed a bit since the wedding. He changed his furniture to something more couple-friendly and I noticed the bedside picture frame of us two. His laugh came from the hall and he made a comment at Zayed's lanky arms as he entered the room. I stuck to the wall and peered into the dark to watch him close the door and throw his bag down.

He was about to walk towards his lamp when I snuck up behind him and threw my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" I whispered in his ears.

I heard his breath hitch. "You're here?" he whispered back. I came around to his front and leaned up on my tippy toes.

Pressing a kiss to his cheek, "surprise," I chuckled.

"I can't believe it," he pulled me closer, his arms automatically lifting me up as he kissed me. He stumbled back a few steps till he hit the wall and then turned so I was leaning against it.

"You're not going anywhere now, you know that right?" he muttered as my hands pushed his hair back.

"Nowhere," I nodded.

"Really?" he pulled back in shock.

"I swear."

There was a knock on the door beside us. "Dinner in 20 guys," Kismat bhabhi's voice filled our room and we both sent back a thanks.

Yusuf pulled my attention back to him, his hands tightening on my waist. "We have to be downstairs," I reminded him.

"We have 20 minutes," he smirked against me.

"I married this sweet, shy, shareef guy. Who the hell are you?" I argued but yet here I was, holding onto his shirt as if he would disappear if I let go.

"I don't hear you saying no," he challenged, giving me a little pinch on my side.

"Go shower. You're smell gross," I finally pushed him away. He pulled his t-shirt off and threw it in the direction of the bathroom, a bad habit of his.

I was about to comment on it but his newly defined chest diverted my attention. "When is that going to stop?" I pointed.

"Now. I have another way to burn off the calories so no more gym," he winked.

"Ugh, shaitaan," I shook my head, turning to pick my dupatta off the ground. There was another knock on the door so he ran into the bathroom while I opened it.

Kismat Bhabhi opened her mouth to say something when I came into view but then choked on a laugh. "I was going to say come on down. But uh, fix your hair before you come," she snickered a little bit again before leaving to go downstairs.

I shut the door, utterly mortified. At the apartment it was no problem but in a house full of kids and parents, we'd have to chill out a bit.

I came downstairs even though I would've preferred to jump off of the balcony at this point. Zinat bhabhi turned when I came in and let out a strangled laugh, failingly covering it up with a laugh.

"Bhabhi," I whined at Kismat who just burst out laughing at this point.

"It's okay bacha. Enjoy the honeymoon phase while you can," Aisha bhabhi rubbed my back condolingly.

"You have two kids," Kismat pointed out to her. "But good God, who knew quiet, innocent little Yusuf had it in him?"

My sister-in-laws snickered just as Yusuf made his appearance in the kitchen with a cake in his hand. He set it on the counter closest to the entrance of the kitchen before scramming out of there.

"Aw Sufi come back!" Aisha bhabhi called after him. I covered my face with my hands in disbelief. This was not even embarrassment, it was torture.

Aisha bhabhi laughed, walking over to pick up the cake box. "He bought the cake I asked him to get though. What a sweetheart."

------

"I'm back because I am here for a job interview," I told him, putting away the last of my clothes before joining him in the balcony. It was raining, no surprise there, but the hot July weather made it a beautiful night.

"What's the job?"

"I won't tell you yet, just give it a couple days," I told him.

"Really?" he groaned. "The suspense will kill me."

"You'll be fine. Let me have this."

"Fine. Is he asleep?" he asked me. I turned and nodded at him, smiling at Sufyan.

Yusuf had the last room on this floor, shared only with Ali and Omar and Zinat's room on the other side. Sufyan, who was playing with Yusuf's phone, had fallen asleep in his lap. He picked up his nephew and told me he was going to drop him in his room.

While he was gone, I quickly changed into something a little more honeymoon phase-y and then let my hair out of its bun. It had been over a month since we'd last seen each other and I wanted to just spend some time with him.

When he came back, he looked happy for a second but then looked mortified. I cried out in embarrassment. "Told you to keep it in your pants!"

"Listen, sometimes you can't! And it's no my fault you girls talk so much!" he locked the door before turning around with his arms over his chest. I stared at him expressionlessly till he broke and walked towards me.

"Can I kiss you now without anyone else interrupting?" he asked with his stupid, dopey smile.

"Don't smile at me like that," I looked away from him but he stepped closer so we were chest to chest and he was all I could see.

"Were you always this hot?" he grins, playing with my left hand.

"Don't butter me up now," I scoff, watching him laugh quietly to himself. He stepped back a bit and took his shirt off again.

"Wow! Okay not fair! What a dick move, you know I can't with those," I turned around, holding onto the little resolve I had. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

"You know, when we first met, on those mattresses, you smelled like coconuts and lime-"

"How do you remember something like that?" I asked, surprised.

"It was such a turn on, that's why," he snickered. I shook my head again, knowing I should have anticipated that. "No but really, it smelled amazing. And you smell like that again."

"It's my conditioner," I informed him. "But thanks." He hummed in response. "I love you Yusuf. Even though I don't say it a lot, I do."

"I know. Otherwise you wouldn't have put on such sexy little shorts to entice me so," he ruined the moment.

"I hate you," I scowled as he laughed harder, tightening his arms around me.

"I love you too Inayah."